Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Move 35 »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2007 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   Move 35
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Move 35  (Read 12299 times)
mistre
Forum Guru

Re: Move 35
« Reply #90 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 9:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 30th, 2008, 5:17am, RonWeasley wrote:

Chessandgo volunteers that he did not expect our last two moves in his analysis.  He didn't say if that was good or bad.

Does that mean he expected all of the rest of our moves?!  Wink  

It would actually be an interesting exercise to go back and see how many of Chessandgo's moves we saw coming and how many of them we were completely surprised on.

IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #91 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 10:06am »

He volunteered this even after I told him I didn't intend to share his comments with the rest of TheMob.  He said he didn't mind.  After the game is over, I intend to release a transcript of the in-game comments.  It will be pretty boring.  Even the stuff about his mother.
IP Logged
warren
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2145

« Reply #92 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 10:09am »

It amazes me that Chessandgo responded to our 34b in only  12 hours even though he says he wasn't expecting it! This is especially remarkable given that his reserve overflowed that move, so he could have waited a bit longer for free.
IP Logged
warren
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2145

« Reply #93 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 10:13am »

on Jun 30th, 2008, 10:06am, RonWeasley wrote:
He volunteered this even after I told him I didn't intend to share his comments with the rest of TheMob.  He said he didn't mind.  After the game is over, I intend to release a transcript of the in-game comments.  It will be pretty boring.  Even the stuff about his mother.

Did you mean to say "... I told him I intended to share"?
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #94 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 10:22am »

on Jun 30th, 2008, 9:50am, warren wrote:

We expected his 34w but not his 32w, 33w or 35w. I wonder if we can tell him that without giving too much away.

Sure we can tell him what we were thinking, because our thinking has completely changed since then.  Also we can tell him whether we think we are winning or losing at the present (as long as we don't mention specific moves or strategies for either of us) because our opinion of whether we are winning or losing keeps changing.  If we are perfectly frank, we have a good chance of misleading him.  Smiley
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #95 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 10:29am »

The Mob game has to be one of the highest quality and most thoroughly analyzed games of Arimaa ever, and even so the two sides regularly surprise each other.  I'm trying to get my mind around how far we are from anyone feeling that Arimaa is "played out" and needs rule changes, as World Champion Capablanca felt about chess in the 1920's.
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #96 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 12:10pm »

on Jun 30th, 2008, 10:13am, warren wrote:

Did you mean to say "... I told him I intended to share"?

As written.  I didn't intend to share until he said he didn't mind.  After that, I did the opposite of what I originally intended.  Clear?  I think Jean wants this to be as fun as possible for everyone.  I really like his attitude.  That and his playing ability.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.