Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « -- RING OF FIRE -- »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   -- RING OF FIRE --
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: -- RING OF FIRE --  (Read 9234 times)
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

-- RING OF FIRE --
« on: Feb 1st, 2011, 4:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the RING OF FIRE, emperors of the Pacific Rim, and two-time League Champions

The 2011 season is just around the corner. Time to stand up and be counted! If you can't see your name in the list below, just post in this thread saying you're one of us. All supporters are free to join.

Don't forget, this is your club, so feel free to speak your mind and come up with ideas to help us to success in the next League.

---------------

Manager: Adanac

Membership:
*amalgam
*arimaaphile NEW
*Boo NEW
*Eltripas
*Harren
*iamanigeeit NEW
*knarl
*Korhil
*Nombril
*rozencrantz
*Simon
*The_Jeh

Last Updated: Feb 1, 2011
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2011, 5:06am by megajester » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: -- RING OF FIRE --
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2011, 12:01pm »

on Feb 1st, 2011, 4:06pm, megajester wrote:
Welcome to the RING OF FIRE, emperors of the Pacific Rim

Oh, the team name has something to do with geography?  I thought it was about this Johnny Cash song.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 2nd, 2011, 2:38pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2011, 12:01pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Oh, the team name has something to do with geography?  I thought it was about this Johnny Cash song.

My wife thought Ring of Fire was hilarious, but that's because she was thinking of Terrance and Phillip (if you know the reference).  Grin

I don't know why we need another World League.  The Ring of Fire has already proven to be superior to the rest of the world...TWICE.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2011, 10:10am »

I'd like to get a sense of how many active players we'll have this year on the Ring of Fire team.  New players are always welcome!!  Last year's roster is listed below -- if you either plan on being active this year or if you wish to have your name removed please let me know.

Also, megajester has proposed a couple of new live/postal collaborative team matches in the forum.  If you'd be interested in participating in either of those matches please mention that as well.

Thanks,
Greg

Adanac
amalgam
Eltripas
Harren
knarl
Korhil
Nombril
rozencrantz
Simon
The_Jeh
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29th, 2011, 1:07pm »

on Apr 25th, 2011, 10:10am, Adanac wrote:
I'd like to get a sense of how many active players we'll have this year on the Ring of Fire team.  New players are always welcome!!  Last year's roster is listed below -- if you either plan on being active this year or if you wish to have your name removed please let me know.

Also, megajester has proposed a couple of new live/postal collaborative team matches in the forum.  If you'd be interested in participating in either of those matches please mention that as well.

Thanks,
Greg

Adanac
amalgam
Eltripas
Harren
knarl
Korhil
Nombril
rozencrantz
Simon
The_Jeh

I didn't receive any responses from the first message.  Does anyone want to play for the Ring of Fire in 2011?
IP Logged

The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #5 on: May 7th, 2011, 11:53pm »

on Apr 29th, 2011, 1:07pm, Adanac wrote:

I didn't receive any responses from the first message.  Does anyone want to play for the Ring of Fire in 2011?

I'll play.  Smiley
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 9th, 2011, 10:08am »

Thanks John.  So we're up to 3 confirmed members now:

Adanac
Nombril
The_Jeh

If anyone is looking to join a World League team we're open to all players of any rating.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 2nd, 2011, 1:57pm »

The Ring of Fire needs players for next week's games.  In particular we need to recruit low-rated players so that we don't exceed the maximum rating limit.

Please send me a message to me (or reply to this thread) if you wish to play next week.

If you wish to join the Arimaa World League and are unsure of which team to join, please join the "Ring of Fire" team.  We are in desperate need of low-rated or brand new players that will fill out our roster.  If you want to play more games of Arimaa this is a great opportunity, even if (especially if) you have no/little previous experience.  We only have 3 committed players at the moment and we're too highly-rated to fit within the rules.

Also for a variety of reasons, I don't have the time or energy to play Arimaa anymore.  I won't be playing in the World League unless by necessity so if anyone wants to take over the captaincy, feel free to do so.  But if nobody volunteers then I can continue in this role for the remainder of the season.  I can act as captain from the office, which doesn't take too much effort.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:09am »

on Aug 2nd, 2011, 1:57pm, Adanac wrote:
Also for a variety of reasons, I don't have the time or energy to play Arimaa anymore.

That's a blow to the Arimaa community.  I note, however, that you didn't say that are bored with Arimaa, so I take this as a case of real life intervening over games.  I hope that in future your life rearranges itself to leave time for Arimaa once again.  We'll still be here waiting for you.  Smiley  But mostly, I just hope all is well with you and yours.  Peace be with you.
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #9 on: Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:56am »

I guess I can play but my rating is a little inflated for your needs.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:00am »

on Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:09am, Fritzlein wrote:

I hope that in future your life rearranges itself to leave time for Arimaa once again.  We'll still be here waiting for you.  Smiley  But mostly, I just hope all is well with you and yours.  Peace be with you.  

Thanks Fritz.  I'm sure I'll be back to playing full-time at some point in the future.  I hope to play in the upcoming World Championship but only as a player.  I likely won't have much time for commentating, reporting or even observing games.  

The Ring of Fire team doesn't have many players so I'll probably be playing a few games in the upcoming weeks, though.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:00am »

on Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:56am, Eltripas wrote:
I guess I can play but my rating is a little inflated for your needs.

It's great to have you back Ivan!  We need all the players we can get and if you can play in the first week that would be great.

Confirmed players for Ring of Fire are now:
Adanac
Eltripas
Nombril
The_Jeh
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:01am by Adanac » IP Logged

arimaaphile
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6540

« Reply #12 on: Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:43pm »

Friends,  

I would not mind to join Ring Of Fire but I'm a new player who still tries to overcome bots with rating around 1500-1550. If I'm going to join someone has to explain me what, when, how and with whom I'm expected to do.
Also, I want to know how much time I have to invest (approx). Beyond that, I don't see any problem and I'm willing to join.

Thanks in advance.  

IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 7:10am »

on Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:43pm, arimaaphile wrote:
Friends,  

I would not mind to join Ring Of Fire but I'm a new player who still tries to overcome bots with rating around 1500-1550. If I'm going to join someone has to explain me what, when, how and with whom I'm expected to do.
Also, I want to know how much time I have to invest (approx). Beyond that, I don't see any problem and I'm willing to join.

Thanks in advance.  

Excellent, you're on the team.  You can find all the league rules here:
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/League_Rules

Our first games begin next week and will continue into the late fall.  The time commitment required is 1 game every 2 weeks but, of course, you don't have to play every game.  If you volunteer to play 3 times during the season, the total commitment would be approximately 6 hours or fewer.  To volunteer to play, you can send a personal message to me on this website or e-mail me at grmagne@yahoo.com.

There are 3 volunteers from each team every week, sorted from strongest to weakest.  As a relatively new player you'll almost certainly be paired against the opposing team's weakest player every time.

There is a scheduler that allows you to pick your most convenient times of the week.  So you can influence your scheduled game time but you won't always get your preferred times (if, for example, your opponent is in a distant time zone).  I can't find the link to the scheduler but I'll provide that as soon as possible.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 9:52am »

Arimaaphile has been added to the list at the top of this thread, and the official ratings list on the wiki.

I haven't yet started the event on the system, so you can't enter your times on the scheduler yet, but I will as soon as possible...
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 9:53am by megajester » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.