Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 9:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « -- RING OF FIRE -- »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   -- RING OF FIRE --
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: -- RING OF FIRE --  (Read 9235 times)
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Re: -- RING OF FIRE --
« Reply #15 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 12:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 4th, 2011, 7:10am, Adanac wrote:

If you volunteer to play 3 times during the season, the total commitment would be approximately 6 hours or fewer.  

There is a scheduler that allows you to pick your most convenient times of the week.  So you can influence your scheduled game time but you won't always get your preferred times (if, for example, your opponent is in a distant time zone).  I can't find the link to the scheduler but I'll provide that as soon as possible.

Adanac said it correctly, but it's hard to imagine how difficult is it to be available on 60 two hour slots out of 119. So be prepared to plan corresponding weeks to allow (one) dynamic replanning.

... sorry to step into another's team discussion Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 12:16pm by Hippo » IP Logged

Korhil
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #5160

« Reply #16 on: Aug 7th, 2011, 10:59pm »

Hello,

I can play again this year.
My availability will be different tho.

Cheers,
Martin
IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:25am »

Probably I wont be able to arrive to my game on Monday but most of my weekend is available, I already have sent a message to my opponent to see if we can reschedule.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:31pm »

on Aug 11th, 2011, 12:25am, Eltripas wrote:
Probably I wont be able to arrive to my game on Monday but most of my weekend is available, I already have sent a message to my opponent to see if we can reschedule.

Did you also get scheduled for a low-preference slot?  Nombril and I are both in the U.S. and somehow I got scheduled for a 4th-best preference!  I think the scheduler is malfunctioning, because I had lots of 1st-preference slots available, and because the 8:00pm Sunday slot used to be a high preference for me (e.g. in the World Championship) before I started going to bed a bit earlier.  That is to say, I expect the wrong set of preferences for me was used to pick my slot.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:39pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:34pm »

on Aug 11th, 2011, 12:31pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Did you also get scheduled for a low-preference slot?  Nombril and I are both in the U.S. and somehow I got scheduled for a 4th-best preference!  I think the scheduler is malfunctioning, because I had lots of 1st-preference slots available, and because the 8:00pm Sunday slot used to be a high preference for me (e.g. in the World Championship) before I started going to bed a bit earlier.

3rd-best preference.
IP Logged
Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 11:13am »

on Aug 11th, 2011, 12:31pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Did you also get scheduled for a low-preference slot?  Nombril and I are both in the U.S. and somehow I got scheduled for a 4th-best preference!  I think the scheduler is malfunctioning, because I had lots of 1st-preference slots available, and because the 8:00pm Sunday slot used to be a high preference for me (e.g. in the World Championship) before I started going to bed a bit earlier.  That is to say, I expect the wrong set of preferences for me was used to pick my slot.

I'm on vacation this week, so had some very odd times in for my schedule.  8:00 was the first evening slot on the weekend I even had marked as available.

(It is a 4 for me as well, hopefully I'll be back in time! I'll be 2-1/2 hours from home, and will be getting on the road between 3 and 6 depending on how the wind is...)

I can play Monday night at 7:00 PM (central) if that is a better time and we are allowed to play a few hours after the scheduler window closes.
IP Logged

iamanigeeit
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #3341

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15th, 2011, 9:56am »

hi guys, can i join now?
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 15th, 2011, 12:00pm »

on Aug 15th, 2011, 9:56am, iamanigeeit wrote:
hi guys, can i join now?

Welcome aboard, you're on the team!  The next games will be the week of August 24-28 and if you'd like to play you can let me know by personal message.  I'll be sending out an invitation to everyone on the team later this week.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 18th, 2011, 6:24am »

I'm sending a message to the whole team this morning regarding our next match versus Europa.  For the people that are new to Arimaa, simply check the message hyperlink at the top of the screen.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20th, 2011, 2:00pm »

We have 2 volunteers so far for next week's match against Europa.  There's about 2 days left to volunteer if you'd like to be the 3rd player.  Smiley
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #25 on: Sep 4th, 2011, 1:32pm »

We still need 1 more volunteer for next week's match against the Atlantics.  New players are encouraged to join!
IP Logged

Simon
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1198

« Reply #26 on: Sep 4th, 2011, 3:09pm »

I could (re?)join and play next week. No guarantees of ability to play at live time control.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #27 on: Sep 5th, 2011, 9:23am »

on Sep 4th, 2011, 3:09pm, Simon wrote:
I could (re?)join and play next week. No guarantees of ability to play at live time control.

Great, thanks Simon.  You're on the roster for next week Smiley
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #28 on: Sep 5th, 2011, 8:38pm »

Yeah, I've been pretty rusty playing at real time instead of postal speeds.  Simon (or anyone else), let me know if you want to arrange for a warm up game!
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #29 on: Sep 30th, 2011, 10:45pm »

We have 2 volunteers so far for next week's match again Europa.  We still have 1 spot available for anyone that wants to play!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.