Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « playoff on Christmas weekend? »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   playoff on Christmas weekend?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: playoff on Christmas weekend?  (Read 2481 times)
ocmiente
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #3996

playoff on Christmas weekend?
« on: Dec 18th, 2011, 8:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm wondering if the playoff for the world league is going to be scheduled for this coming weekend.  If so, can we extend the allowable times by 1 or 2 days?  Saturday and Sunday are normally the prime times to play, but squeezing in a game between events on Christmas Eve or Christmas day may be difficult.

Playing on the Monday or Tuesday after Christmas should be much easier.  

IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

Re: playoff on Christmas weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 1:08am »

I hear you.

Postponing the playoff by one week would only result in a clash with New Year's in exactly the same way.

You can set up your scheduler for times on Monday. In fact I would recommend to all players in the playoff match that they do this. I think it'll be difficult to change the system any more than that.

Apart from that all I can recommend is that you look out for your confirmation email, check the time immediately, and if it doesn't work for you, work out a new time with your opponent. Everybody's off work so hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to schedule your games for Monday.
IP Logged

aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 1:19pm »

What about delaying the playoff by yet another week? That way, it would serve as a lead-in to the world championship, which would start the week after.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 1:36pm »

on Dec 19th, 2011, 1:19pm, aaaa wrote:
What about delaying the playoff by yet another week? That way, it would serve as a lead-in to the world championship, which would start the week after.

Maybe we can run the pairings for this week.  But if the players are busy they can agree to re-schedule for a mutually agreeable time the following week.  That way everyone can play regardless of whether Christmas / New Years vacation plans get in the way.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 2:21pm »

Yes, since there is no following round to be interfered with, it makes sense to be a bit lenient with mutually-agreed rescheduling.  Of course, if everyone is so busy, there may be no good times over a twelve-day span either. Undecided

As it happens, there is no chance I can relay commentary on either week, so any commentary will be TeamSpeak-only.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2011, 2:23pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 2:42pm »

The rules say a rescheduled game must be played no more than 96 hours after the originally scheduled time. I agree that under these circumstances it's good to be flexible within reason.  

I will be asking the players to contact me if they need to reschedule for past the 96-hour threshold.

But don't let's forget, it's only 3 games.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.