Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 4:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Inviting bots »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Inviting bots
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Inviting bots  (Read 2410 times)
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Inviting bots
« on: Nov 22nd, 2012, 6:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Do I understand it well that bot can be invited, but bot cannot notice that and/or join the game?
IP Logged

odin73
Forum Guru

Re: Inviting bots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2013, 5:15am »

I don´t know.  

But this might be the reason that about 70% (!) of all open postal games (see for http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/postalgames.cgi ) in the list are games between humans vs. ArimaaScoreP1 which never started. Can these games be deleted? They´re simply data waste.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2013, 6:32am »

on Jan 11th, 2013, 5:15am, odin73 wrote:
I don´t know.  

But this might be the reason that about 70% (!) of all open postal games (see for http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/postalgames.cgi ) in the list are games between humans vs. ArimaaScoreP1 which never started. Can these games be deleted? They´re simply data waste.

This is another problem ... Ariamaascore was not invited. Just first autopostal game is against it.  

But I would welcome feature to automatically start or discard an opened game with both players selected if both players are selected for more than a week. For a postal game that would not cause much harm and "online" games not started for a week are definitely ready for a discard. As end prior 3g turn is not stored in the database, that would be good cleanup.

Something like this is probably implemented for autopostal games, what explains why only such small number (relative to the number of registered players) of such games exist. Yes all these games are new games.

Extension to all games would be OK.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2013, 6:38am by Hippo » IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2013, 2:45am »

Omar,
I am thinking how to incorporate to AEI the option to react on invitations. bot1gr.cgi does not contain invitedme section and I assume you will not make changes to it in near future. So I am trying to gain it from human interface.
I hope I am not doing anything agains your will.

Of course it could have been much easier if there would be support in bot1gr.cgi so please let me know I disagree
umption is correct Wink.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #4 on: May 8th, 2013, 4:31pm »

on Apr 28th, 2013, 2:45am, Hippo wrote:
Omar,
I am thinking how to incorporate to AEI the option to react on invitations. bot1gr.cgi does not contain invitedme section and I assume you will not make changes to it in near future. So I am trying to gain it from human interface.
I hope I am not doing anything agains your will.

Of course it could have been much easier if there would be support in bot1gr.cgi so please let me know I disagree
umption is correct Wink.

Hmmm, I have tried to use client2gr.cgi.  
(POST with SID and action="update")
All my attempts ended with response 500 ... Internal server error.
Even when both chrome and IE have no problems receiving 200 ... . I have tried to set headers as I have seen them in chrome or IE, but still the same result.

I should probably look at exact contents of the packets, not just how python, chome or IE describes them ...

P.S.: Why text my ... assumption is replaced with I disagree? Oh server censored the 2+3 letters there Wink.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2013, 4:37pm by Hippo » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.