Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Move 5 »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2007 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   Move 5
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Move 5  (Read 5673 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Move 5
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 8:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 25th, 2007, 7:32am, RonWeasley wrote:
Welcome to mdk who just registered to TheMob.

Awesome!  It's good to have you on board, mdk.  To the rest of the team: this guy is one to look out for.  I had the pleasure of playing him for the first time yesterday, and he has an uncommonly good strategic feel for someone who has just started playing humans.
IP Logged

mdk
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2309

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 3:04pm »

I would suggest that if one move has a clear advantage at the deadline with only 8 votes to use that move, but if the vote is extremely close to wait a few extra hours.

And thanks to Fritz for the generous compliments. I'm hoping that by participating in this game my understanding and analysis of my own games will improve significantly.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2007, 3:08pm by mdk » IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 3:12pm »

So far in administering the voting, I'm not able to see which candidates are getting votes.  I'll look closer next time, but it looks like the data are not available until the vote ends.  And then it can't be started again.  This makes sense to me because it keeps the administrator from tampering with the election.  Somebody set me straight if I have this wrong.  If I'm right, then I can't check in mid-vote for a projected landslide victory.  Our only hope is that there's an administrator option I didn't notice before.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.