Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Move 9 »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2009 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   Move 9
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Move 9  (Read 3496 times)
Hannoskaj
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #3794

Re: Move 9
« Reply #15 on: Apr 12th, 2009, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree that since the position is not pressing, gaining clock time is the best, and hence **support C&G's move**, barring any further discussion.

If the move is not supported by everyone:

I must confess I am not entirely convinced by Hg3. After flip we have Dh4 Hg3, and those are rather good targets if the elephant goes away. Moreover if the alternative is taking the rabbit with Dsws Hw, we have lost a full tempo.  

On the other hand, it takes the horse out of trap square (so no play against f2 with a silver elephant), and Eg5 takes the elephant further away. Since it entails two moves from Silver, and it's hard to find a good fourth step for us, it might still be better.  
But we are ill-prepared if he can find a nice threat on our silver camel as a stepping stone to threaten Ha6: our phant is five steps away from protecting c6 with the pieces as they would stand.

I really do not find a convincing fourth step. Dd2 would just invite flip for example.

By the way, in all those lines, how do we typically defend against play against our Ce2 (flip and so on) ?
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #16 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 4:34am »

I see our 9th move has been played and we now have (almost) 10 days in reserve.  Hopefully Fritzlein plays another passive move so we can do it again  Wink
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 4:35am »

I went ahead and made Cb3s Mc3w Dg4e Hf3e.  I like pulling single rabbits, clean home traps, and more reserve time.  There was enough vocal support for this move.

Fritz wants more trash talk.  I suggest focusing on his passive play, his boring commentary, and his sexual attraction to small, primary-colored, furry animals.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.