Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 10:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Move 33 »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2009 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   Move 33
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Move 33  (Read 3877 times)
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: Move 33
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31st, 2010, 9:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ron's/Hannoskaj's 35g looks good indeed. I was not seeing anything, I just wanted to mention that capturing silver's horse in return for our Rd5 and Dg6 would be a minor achievement, and that advancing more Rabbits would certainly lead to major achievement (not even thinking about specifcs). It's like in the final WC game's commentary, the commentators spend most of the post move 15 game talking about the camel around g3 when the focus was on who would get the stonger goal attack. Here it felt like most of the talk revolved around horse capture plans, which is of minor importance compared to goal attack. Maybe going after the horse is the best move, but if so then the reason for it must be that our goal attack is hopeless (which should be checked first, as in any endgame).

33s cb5e cc5e dc6e hd4e  
34g Hg3n Rh1w Rg1n Rg2n  
looks fine, or maybe 34g Hg3n Rh2n with the idea of pulling the rh4 to g4 to advance with the Rh3.
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #16 on: Apr 1st, 2010, 11:30am »

Only seven votes, but everybody chooses 33g dd6w Ee6w Rd5e Ed6e.

If Fritz reverses the move, I think I have permission to make this move again and gain reserve time.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #17 on: Apr 1st, 2010, 12:24pm »

OK let you reverse it back, both sides would gain a week to reserve and Fritz should thing about another answer anyway.
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 1st, 2010, 5:26pm »

I agree as well.  But I doubt Fritz will want to give us an extra week of reserve, especially with the postal mixer starting up soon!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.