Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Europa Clubhouse »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2010 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   Europa Clubhouse
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Europa Clubhouse  (Read 18344 times)
azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

Re: Europa Clubhouse
« Reply #30 on: Mar 29th, 2010, 10:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 25th, 2010, 10:19am, Heyckie wrote:
...so my rating may be a bit too low.

If you're not closely following the League Feedback board (and why should you be?) you may not know that each team will have a "WHR rating point" budget to use for the season.  (Each player's WHR rating is based on games vs. other humans only).  Basically, each team's average rating on all boards for the entire season must work out to some pre-set number (probably around 1900).  That means that every time we play chessandgo (WHR 2743) we'll need to offset it by playing two people fairly low-rated (147Cool in order to keep our average down around 1900.  The budget is for the whole season, so we can overspend one week as long as we make it up over the course of all six weeks.  

That means players with lower ratings are suddenly quite valuable!  So welcome to the team, Heyckie!   Smiley

It also means that there is a large incentive for the captains recruit beginning to intermediate players onto the team and get them into their matches.  So if you know of someone who is not sure about joining because of their low rating, please get them to sign up and help out their favorite team!  

Thanks!
Greg

IP Logged
azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

« Reply #31 on: Apr 10th, 2010, 7:48am »

The first match is just around the corner!  At this point, I'd really like everyone who's available to play the week of April 19 to please let me know as quickly as possible.  I will be on holiday starting April 15, returning after the match is well underway, so I'd like to get our lineup finalized before then.   Smiley
IP Logged
azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

« Reply #32 on: Apr 14th, 2010, 10:11am »

Since I’ll be on vacation starting tomorrow, I need to submit our roster a bit early.  I’ve already messaged the three that will be taking on the Rockies for us, so they know who they are.

Because anyone can read this board, I’m not at liberty to speak freely, but I have some ideas around our long-term team strategy that I’d like to discuss, and I want to hear your ideas, too.  Megajester is offering to help set up Team Clubhouse Wikis that only members will be able to enter, where we can discuss games, strategy, and generally offer team support.  

Go Team Europa!

Greg
IP Logged
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #33 on: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:41pm »

on Apr 14th, 2010, 10:11am, azgreg wrote:
Megajester is offering to help set up Team Clubhouse Wikis that only members will be able to enter, where we can discuss games, strategy, and generally offer team support.

All of the above is correct except for the "that only members will be able to enter" bit. I have no idea how that would be possible. My idea was simply to open a special page for each club on the wiki to function as an official club website. FYI Smiley
IP Logged

zleiko
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5221

« Reply #34 on: Apr 17th, 2010, 11:28am »

Hey, Smiley

I want to play in this team. Do I have to do more than say it here? I have not found any register pages or something like this.

I am new to this game, but I hope I will learn it fast, to play at least average  Cool

IP Logged
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #35 on: Apr 18th, 2010, 10:39am »

on Apr 17th, 2010, 11:28am, zleiko wrote:
Hey, Smiley

I want to play in this team. Do I have to do more than say it here? I have not found any register pages or something like this.

I am new to this game, but I hope I will learn it fast, to play at least average  Cool

Yep you just post here. I monitor the clubhouses continually and post any new additions here.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18th, 2010, 10:57am »

welcome to the team Smiley
IP Logged

azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

« Reply #37 on: Apr 20th, 2010, 7:09pm »

Welcome to the team, zleiko!  I'll be in touch with you soon when I return from vacation, but for now just watch the week 1 action!  

Greg
IP Logged
Petike
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5196

« Reply #38 on: Apr 21st, 2010, 9:46am »

Hi ! I'm a new player from Hungary, and I want to play a lot of Arimaa in the colors of Europa
IP Logged
azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

« Reply #39 on: Apr 26th, 2010, 3:49pm »

Hello all!  

Well done to us in Round 1!  Our wins may have been costly, but we're in a tie for first nonetheless!  

In an attempt to build some team unity and create a place for us to easily discuss team matters in private, I've created a modest Team Europa website.  To be honest, it ain't great yet, but I'm hoping you guys can help me make it so.

If you send me your e-mail address, I'll invite you to the site.

Thanks!
Greg
IP Logged
azgreg
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4723

Email

« Reply #40 on: Apr 28th, 2010, 3:38pm »

I should also mention that I need to know pretty quickly if you're available for round 2 next week.  Rosters will be due soon!  

A very high priority for me is to get everyone on the team into at least one game, but I can't roster you if you don't tell me you can play!  

Greg
IP Logged
zleiko
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5221

« Reply #41 on: Apr 29th, 2010, 5:52am »

I have time to play.
I will have time every week, if I do not post here that I have not.
IP Logged
Nevermind
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #3181

« Reply #42 on: Apr 30th, 2010, 3:39am »

I am also available for the second round. However, I have already played a game in the first round, so I understand if I will not be selected.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #43 on: Apr 30th, 2010, 11:25am »

I would not be available next round, it would be much better next rounds.
IP Logged

Sanzo
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #3933

« Reply #44 on: May 2nd, 2010, 3:19pm »

Hey there, can I join the fun?  

I have completed the bot ladder, but i have played only 1 game against humans Sad  I wish to play some more. So, I really don't know what is my level.

My availability to play.. I would say 75%.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.