Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2012 Arimaa World League Roundtable »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2012 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   2012 Arimaa World League Roundtable
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2012 Arimaa World League Roundtable  (Read 20625 times)
ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

Re: 2012 Arimaa World League Roundtable
« Reply #105 on: Oct 9th, 2012, 6:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 9th, 2012, 10:36am, novacat wrote:
I would like to suggest all captains forward their roster for the last round to Omar (as he is the backup coordinator) so that we have a tentative plan B in the event megajester is not able to schedule the games today.

Good idea, novacat!

I just forwarded the Rockies roster to Omar.

If Omar isn't available, another alternative could be to have the four captains reveal their rosters and let the players self-schedule.
IP Logged

novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #106 on: Oct 9th, 2012, 7:59pm »

Omar has generously agreed to schedule the games.  If you have not already, please submit your roster to him.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #107 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 2:38am »

I've done it. I've also updated the wiki page, please let me know if I've made any mistakes. I don't think there were any substitutions...
IP Logged

Thiagor
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #7007

« Reply #108 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 2:48am »

Thanks for the scheduling, but there seems to be a mistake in the match Europa vs Ring of Fire: Our highest-rated player (Boo) is playing the their lowest-rated one (foggy), and so on.

Looking at the wiki, I think Europa's player are ordered in the wrong way.
IP Logged
woh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2128

« Reply #109 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 5:57am »

My mistake. Sorry for that.

I have sent the players for team Europa in the wrong order.
I hope it is not too late to reschedule the games for top and bottom players.

woh
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #110 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 6:06am »

I have rescheduled the games concerned.
IP Logged

woh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2128

« Reply #111 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 6:07am »

Thanks megajester, for correcting my mistake.
Sorry for causing the extra work.

woh
IP Logged

aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

« Reply #112 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 7:12am »

Can anyone explain to me how it would be fair if the budget expenditures are going to be calculated on the basis of ratings that weren't available to the teams at the time they forwarded their rosters, not knowing whether to go through the trouble of determining what they should have been or to simply take the figures that were shown on the wiki at the time?
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #113 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 8:10am »

Thanks for all your work Megajester.  Round 4 is not updated in the wiki.  There were some subs for this round, but you can go to the event games page and see the correct games.  Gthreepwood was rated 1636.3 (his rating at the time is confirmed in the chat room, see Sept. 20th), so the Atlantics are actually 60 points lower in total remaining budget.  rht144 was rated below ginrunner, so no change to the budget there.

on Oct 10th, 2012, 7:12am, aaaa wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how it would be fair if the budget expenditures are going to be calculated on the basis of ratings that weren't available to the teams at the time they forwarded their rosters, not knowing whether to go through the trouble of determining what they should have been or to simply take the figures that were shown on the wiki at the time?
 The peak WHRH ratings of the Monday prior to scheduling are the values used per the rules.  I can see the argument that people could think that portion of the wiki was up to date (even though the rest was not), but given that every team is just under their budget (or just under the next penalty point), I think all the captains were well aware of what the costs were, or none of the changes ended up mattering.  The only exception could be the Atlantics, but I did check the WHRH before deciding the roster.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2012, 11:36am by novacat » IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #114 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 9:16am »

on Oct 10th, 2012, 8:10am, novacat wrote:
 The peak WHRH ratings of the Monday prior to scheduling are the values used per the rules.  I can see the argument that people could think that portion of the wiki was up to date (even though the rest was not), but given that every team is just under their budget (or just under the next penalty point), I think all the captains were well aware of what the costs were, or none of the changes ended up mattering.  The only exception could be the Atlantics, but I did check the WHRH before deciding the roster.

Yes, the Rockies were also tracking the changes to the WHRH peak ratings and the roster submitted was decided upon using rating values identical to those now posted on the wiki.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012, 9:20am by ChrisB » IP Logged

aurelian
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #7513

« Reply #115 on: Oct 13th, 2012, 11:56am »

Is there a second season this year!
IP Logged
aurelian
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #7513

« Reply #116 on: Oct 13th, 2012, 12:09pm »

Is there a second season this year?
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #117 on: Oct 27th, 2012, 9:01pm »

I just noticed the final AWL standings were posted.  Congrats again to the Atlantics now that it is official.  It was great to have every team in contention down to the wire.  The budget was indeed a bit tight this season, at least judging by the total of 15(!) penalty points assessed, but overall the budget mechanism seems to be working to keep the teams balanced, give everyone playing time, and ultimately have the champions decided on the board.

A big thanks to megajester for running the league once again!  The AWL has transformed from an interesting experiment to a proven institution.  It is now hard for me to imagine going from one World Championship to the next with no AWL in between, and it is all owing to megajester.  

on Oct 13th, 2012, 12:09pm, aurelian wrote:
Is there a second season this year?

Joel, if you are too busy to administer a second season before year end, how would you feel about someone else taking the reins?  Given a seven week season, it would need to start next week to finish before Christmas, but there is still time to make it happen if someone wants to step up.  And by "someone" I mean "definitely not me", since I'll be preparing to organize the World Championship.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2012, 9:03pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #118 on: Oct 30th, 2012, 5:26am »

I would rather that if possible. I can send anyone who wants it the spreadsheet I've been using to organise the League if they message me and give me their email address.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #119 on: Oct 30th, 2012, 1:17pm »

congrats Atlantics!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.