Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « unrated mode »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   unrated mode
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: unrated mode  (Read 949 times)
maker
Forum Full Member

bot_tod's maker

unrated mode
« on: Nov 6th, 2004, 2:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Woa.

This mode allows a person to force a bot to play them unrated?  What if the bot developer wishes to force all games to be rated?

maker
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: unrated mode
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 4:14pm »

This mode should only be used when playing practice games or trying for a record in the Bot Bashers hall of fame. There's no way to stop someone from using this all the time, but then again they won't gain any rating points from their wins.
IP Logged
naveed
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #110

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 1:03am »

I think it should all be rated games. Since there is a possibility of messing up our original ratings we should creat a new id as some us do it already. However I would suggest  maintaining the "Bot Basher's" rating separately on a new page and not include it under "Top Rated Players".  

It will be interesting to see who would lead  that  table
Smiley. My bet would be on PMarten.

IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2004, 10:57pm »

Playing rated games under a different id can still mess up the bots ratings. For humans playing a rated game under a second id is really no different than playing an unrated game in the original id.

But I think what you are getting is probably that people would play differently and not take as much risk if a game was rated and they had something to lose as opposed to an unrated game. Also we can just keep playing the bot over and over again until we get luck once and break the current record. This is a bit of a problem with probably no easy solution.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.