Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « bot_bomb update »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   bot_bomb update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: bot_bomb update  (Read 5584 times)
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

Re: bot_bomb update
« Reply #45 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 6:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 30th, 2004, 5:01pm, fotland wrote:
I put speedy back to 30 seconds.  It looks like everyone who wants to got a chance to try it out at 15 seconds, and it is clear that 15 seconds is much stronger compared with people.

When I didi the tournament port, gcc found a bug in the camel mobility evaluation, so there was a minor change a few days ago.

Unfortunately it looks like I missed my chance Smiley  I've been away skiing for a week.  But don't worry, I'm not too excited about 15 sec games anyway....
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #46 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 7:35pm »

I missed my chance too - and why is speedy over 2000 Huh??

what are you doing people ?
IP Logged
fotland
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #211

« Reply #47 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 9:16pm »

It's much stronger at 15 second games Smiley

Does anyone want me to put it back to 15 seconds?

Omar, if you want to make me another bot account, bot_lightning, I'll run that one at 15 seconds and keep speedy at 30 seconds.  It will be better for the rating system to have separate accounts.

IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #48 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 9:45am »

hehe the lightning bot will be cruel, since it starts with ultra low rating and high RU ...

who dares the first games Smiley
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #49 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 7:54pm »

David, you should be able to create the account yourself from the bot registration page. Check the README.1st file in the bot interface kit.

I would suggest using a name like bot_BombLightning rather than just bot_Lightning. That way people know what the original bot is.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #50 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 9:53am »

on Feb 6th, 2005, 10:19pm, fotland wrote:

One way you could help would be to help me identify missed opportunities.  For example in the bomb-belbo postal game, at 23b, it looks to me that Bomb could immobilize Belbo's Elephant by moving its Elephant to b5 and rabbit to c7.  Later it could pull one of Belbo's rabbits forward to release its own Elephant, and have a winning position.  Is there something I'm missing that makes this a bad plan?  If not, it shows a big problem with the Elephant mobility evaluation.

I like your suggestion for 23b much better than what Bomb actually played.  It doesn't totally lock down Belbo's elephant, because the Gold camel is nearby to try to help dig out the elephant and/or frustrate your plan to complete the cage while rotating out the Silver elephant, but your suggested move would have put Belbo in a very awkward spot to be sure.

I think there must be something wrong with Bomb's elephant mobility evaluation, unless you have worked on it since game 10627, where speedy let its elephant be smothered for only a cat.  Maybe that was a function of limited search depth, but still it seems Bomb has made lots of quesitionable elephant mobility decisions since this evaluation problem was supposedly ironed out.
IP Logged

fotland
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #211

« Reply #51 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 2:01am »

Speedy is back, but the botman seems to crash when it plays gold.

This is an experimental version.  I'm fixing problems found in Paul's postal game:  some trap evaluation bugs, and a rewrite of the static trap sequence evaluator.  The old evaluator looked at traps from upper left to lower right, so it often misevaluated big threats in the lower right corner (as in Paul's game).  The new one evaluates threats from biggest to smallest.

This version has a learning opening book, so the opening setup is no longer random.  Learning is broken for the getmove version, since the final position when the opponent gets the goal is not transmitted by the server.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #52 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 6:24pm »

on Mar 1st, 2005, 2:01am, fotland wrote:
Speedy is back, but the botman seems to crash when it plays gold.

I found a bug that got introduced when I was modifying it to support postal games. This is also why the online bots were perfering to play sivler Smiley

I think I've fixed it now. Seems to be working now for the online bots. Download a new copy of the BotKit and try it out.

Omar
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.