Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « WC timezone »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   WC timezone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WC timezone  (Read 833 times)
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

WC timezone
« on: Nov 17th, 2005, 4:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did anyone else find that the first WC game started at a different time to the times listed on the tourney list?

Mine was 2 hours apart.  The tourney list said it would start at 5:06am, but it actually started at 7:06am for me (probably actually on the hour not at 6 minutes past, but I'm not worried about a few minutes).  Sydney recently went onto daylight savings time, when the northern hemisphere went off it... so that could explain a 2 hour difference.

BUT the clock in the gameroom is correct for me.  So I don't know why it should be reporting inaccurate start times.

Omar could you check this out?

PS I'm happy to play this week's game 2 hours later than the schedule says on my screen - so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'm likely to confuse myself and mess up if it happens every week.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

Re: WC timezone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 4:33pm »

Oh... do I remember you saying something ages ago about it only recording my time when I logout??  I usually just kill the window, so maybe that's what I have to do to get it back in synch?
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 4:35pm »

Nope, I just logged out and in, and the scheduled game times are still the same... Omar vs Paul at 5:06am. Sad
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 5:13pm »

I, too, was worried about the possibility that my local timezone might not be correct, so I logged out and went the 2006 WC page to get the game times in GMT.  It turned out to be unnecessary in my case, because the server was giving me correct local times, but this technique might help you double-check if your problem persists.
IP Logged

99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 5:39pm »

That will help prevent me from turning up at the wrong time.  I'm also worried that my preferred times will register wrong, and hence I'll get a game time that I can't play!
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 10:22am »

When you login it records the timezone offest between the time zone set on your computer and the GMT zone. So this could be something like +3 or -5. The display of times is shown in GMT if you are not logged in, but if you are logged in the timezone offset is used to show the times in your local time. Double check that the timezone set on your compter is correct. Once you checked that, login to the gameroom. If you still see a problem with the times shown for the games, please let me know.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 3:42pm »

Hi Omar

Yes, I've checked all that.  Everything is right except the times attached to the games, which are 2 hours out.

Interestingly the Australia:Sydney category on the pulldown menu for time is also wrong by one hour (probably due to daylight savings).

Toby
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2005, 3:43pm by 99of9 » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.