Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 8:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2007 Challenge Prize Fund »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2007 Challenge Prize Fund
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2007 Challenge Prize Fund  (Read 662 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

2007 Challenge Prize Fund
« on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Given that I will probably be active in Arimaa for the next year at least, I will renew my Challenge pledge for another year.  In fact, I have decided to increase my pledge to $600 for 2007.  As I understand it, Omar has pledged $15,000 and PMertens $1,500 for 2007, which means that $17,100 is already committed as a baseline for the community and corporate sponsors to add to.

I'm hoping that at least one new sponsor will step up so that we can exceed the prize fund of $17,500 from this year.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:23am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: 2007 Challenge Prize Fund
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2006, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Im sure that during this year the gap between humanss and computers will continue to increase and there will be even more human players who will be capable of defending the challenge. The format of the challenge will be the same, so unless the best bots improve by a few hundred rating points the challenge match will pretty much be a repeat of this years match. I hope after seeing this year's challenge match more people become confident enough to make a pledge to increase the challenge prize.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.