Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 12:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « What happened to teamspeak? »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   What happened to teamspeak?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What happened to teamspeak?  (Read 1345 times)
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

What happened to teamspeak?
« on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has that fallen by the wayside? I don't see anything about commentating those games.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Re: What happened to teamspeak?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 2:40pm »

Yes, attention to the AWL is much smaller than expected.
I went to teamspeak once and nobody was there so I just remain chatting.
IP Logged

novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 5:39pm »

I believe numerous attempts were made to do commentating from Teamspeak, but something was down and people could not get on.  After the second or third round, people stop trying.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 6:13pm »

Even during the 2011 tournament season there were regular issues with TeamSpeak and radio.  It required Omar's frequent attention to keep the commentary up and running.  I wonder whether this is a task he could delegate somehow.  I hope so, because the toll of producing/recording commentary is what prompted him to limit the 2012 World Championship to only 16 players, which is a limitation that everyone but him dislikes.  It would be a shame to have a negative change to the World Championship format be precipitated merely by issues with audio broadcasts.

In any event, I suggest that anyone who wants to give live commentary on any of the final-round AWL games should contact Omar directly to ask for his assistance.  I doubt Omar is reading the forums these days, but he might be coaxed into a more active role if he knew that his presence was enabling something exciting and beneficial to the community.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2011, 6:17pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2011, 10:08pm »

I think the teamspeak server had died. I wish someone had pinged me about it, I could have restarted that pretty easily. I just restarted it now. To listen to commentary people will have to go to the teamspeak room. The commentary won't be relayed to the radio automatically.

If anyone wants to learn how to run the radio, send me a message through the contact page.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.