Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 5:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2012 World Championship - Volunteers »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2012 World Championship - Volunteers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2012 World Championship - Volunteers  (Read 9852 times)
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: 2012 World Championship - Volunteers
« Reply #45 on: Jan 25th, 2012, 7:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree with Fritz and Adanac, although when you have a co-commentator and think about the moves when he's speaking, you're usually going to talk about more relevant moves than when you think while speaking, which is astonishingly hard.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #46 on: Jan 25th, 2012, 9:07am »

I would probably have some time for teamspeak during c&g's game. But I am almost sure I will not be able for the whole game. I will go quietly to the lobby ...
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #47 on: Jan 25th, 2012, 11:18am »

Is this really the place to volunteer for the commentating on the upcoming games? Because I vainly tried to find it on the spreadsheet.

In case it is then I volunteer for the (co)commentating of the next game between chessandgo and hanzack. The front page of the game room is misleading.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #48 on: Jan 25th, 2012, 6:13pm »

on Jan 25th, 2012, 11:18am, Arimabuff wrote:
Is this really the place to volunteer for the commentating on the upcoming games?

I don't know who (if anyone) volunteered to coordinate commentary this year.  Perhaps nobody is in charge.

Quote:
In case it is then I volunteer for the (co)commentating of the next game between chessandgo and hanzack.

Great, I added you and Adanac and Hippo as commentators for that game.  If all three of you are there at once, I'm not sure how to work out taking turns talking, but you'll figure it out.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012, 6:17pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #49 on: Jan 25th, 2012, 6:15pm »

on Jan 24th, 2012, 4:30am, Simon wrote:
I guess I could try to commentate on saturday. "Try to" = attempt to say sensible things about the games, maybe unsuccessfully.

Since you said "games", I have put you down as commentator for both rabbits vs. Fritzlein and ocmiente vs. woh, but don't hesitate to clarify if that is too much for you.  Thanks for volunteering!
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #50 on: Jan 26th, 2012, 1:48pm »

on Jan 25th, 2012, 11:18am, Arimabuff wrote:
Is this really the place to volunteer for the commentating on the upcoming games? Because I vainly tried to find it on the spreadsheet.

In case it is then I volunteer for the (co)commentating of the next game between chessandgo and hanzack. The front page of the game room is misleading.

It would be easier to keep track using the spreadsheet. After opening the spreadsheet you need to click on the tab for the current round (near the bottom of the spreadsheet). Then you can just enter you name for the games you want to commentate or help in other ways for.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #51 on: Jan 26th, 2012, 1:52pm »

I probably won't be able to relay or record for the chessandgo vs hanzack game. I might be able to catch some from the middle, but not from the beginning. If anyone can help with this, please add your name to the spreadsheet.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #52 on: Jan 26th, 2012, 4:19pm »

on Jan 26th, 2012, 1:48pm, omar wrote:
It would be easier to keep track using the spreadsheet. After opening the spreadsheet you need to click on the tab for the current round (near the bottom of the spreadsheet). Then you can just enter you name for the games you want to commentate or help in other ways for.

Does that mean someone is updating the spreadsheet with the games as soon as they are scheduled, and that someone is transferring the additions to the spreadsheet into the gameroom announcements?  If so, I agree that the spreadsheet is the way to go; it's much more convenient than digging through a forum thread to find who said what.  I've added myself there as commentator for Nombril vs. Tuks.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012, 4:19pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #53 on: Jan 26th, 2012, 10:35pm »

on Jan 26th, 2012, 4:19pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Does that mean someone is updating the spreadsheet with the games as soon as they are scheduled, and that someone is transferring the additions to the spreadsheet into the gameroom announcements?  If so, I agree that the spreadsheet is the way to go; it's much more convenient than digging through a forum thread to find who said what.  I've added myself there as commentator for Nombril vs. Tuks.

I don't think any one person is responsible for doing this right now. We've just been doing it in a shared way. I think Nombril had created the R1 and R2 pages soon after the games were scheduled; I created the R3 page recently. I think the gameroom announcements for the radio commentaries have been updated mostly by you. I've updated it occasionally just to add myself shortly before a game that no one had volunteered to commentate.  
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012, 10:36pm by omar » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #54 on: Jan 27th, 2012, 7:31am »

on Jan 26th, 2012, 10:35pm, omar wrote:
I created the R3 page recently.

Right, and until that page is there, no one can use it to volunteer for commentary.  So unless that is being done, the forum thread is actually the better place to report availability to commentate.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #55 on: Jan 27th, 2012, 8:31am »

on Jan 27th, 2012, 7:31am, Fritzlein wrote:

Right, and until that page is there, no one can use it to volunteer for commentary.  So unless that is being done, the forum thread is actually the better place to report availability to commentate.

OK I'll start creating this page right after the schedule is finalized (Tuesday 8pm EST).
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #56 on: Jan 27th, 2012, 8:33am »

I rearranged my schedule a bit so that I can be available for the chessandgo vs hanzack R3 game. I should be able to relay and record the game.
IP Logged
Simon
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1198

« Reply #57 on: Jan 27th, 2012, 9:18am »

on Jan 25th, 2012, 6:15pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Since you said "games", I have put you down as commentator for both rabbits vs. Fritzlein and ocmiente vs. woh, but don't hesitate to clarify if that is too much for you.  Thanks for volunteering!

That was indeed why I said "games" but it very well might be too much, co-commentators very welcome!

I am somewhat worried I'll end up saying nothing or "ummm....ummm...ummm" for long periods,  I'll try to keep in mind your advice to say things that seem trivial.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #58 on: Jan 27th, 2012, 4:33pm »

on Jan 27th, 2012, 8:31am, omar wrote:
OK I'll start creating this page right after the schedule is finalized (Tuesday 8pm EST).

Awesome, thanks!

on Jan 27th, 2012, 9:18am, Simon wrote:
I am somewhat worried I'll end up saying nothing or "ummm....ummm...ummm" for long periods,  I'll try to keep in mind your advice to say things that seem trivial.

Awesome, thanks!
IP Logged

SpeedRazor
Forum Guru

Skepticism is the Immune System of Science

Email

« Reply #59 on: Jan 28th, 2012, 12:25am »

Simon, you did great Bro!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.