Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2012 World Championship - Volunteers »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2012 World Championship - Volunteers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2012 World Championship - Volunteers  (Read 9844 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: 2012 World Championship - Volunteers
« Reply #75 on: Feb 7th, 2012, 8:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've updated the spreadsheet with the game times. Please sign up if you can help out in some way.
IP Logged
tharkun
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #7288

« Reply #76 on: Feb 8th, 2012, 12:14pm »

on Feb 7th, 2012, 8:49pm, omar wrote:
I've updated the spreadsheet with the game times. Please sign up if you can help out in some way.

I suppose that you mean giving commentary?

on Dec 27th, 2011, 7:27pm, Nombril wrote:

Other things that will need doing:
(...)
Provide commentary (not just deep analysis, you don't have to be a top player to ask questions and provide impressions.)

I listened to a few live broadcasts so far and found them quite enjoyable. I am very inexperienced, but if you need commentators I could ask the questions during the Tuks vs c&g game - provided that I'm accompanied by someone stronger to give the answers  
 Grin
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #77 on: Feb 8th, 2012, 3:04pm »

on Feb 8th, 2012, 12:14pm, tharkun wrote:
I listened to a few live broadcasts so far and found them quite enjoyable. I am very inexperienced, but if you need commentators I could ask the questions during the Tuks vs c&g game - provided that I'm accompanied by someone stronger to give the answers  
 Grin

I will have to be in class during this game, so I would appreciate any commentary you can give, even if you are just asking questions of Arimaabuff (who has already signed up).  Thanks in advance!
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #78 on: Feb 9th, 2012, 3:58am »

Again, I won't be able to commentate this week. Hopefully next week and onwards I'll be able to take a shot at some games!
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #79 on: Feb 9th, 2012, 11:32pm »

on Feb 8th, 2012, 12:14pm, tharkun wrote:

I suppose that you mean giving commentary?

Grin

Yes, please do sign up for commentary; we definitely need help with that.

I won't be able to do the game intro tomorrow so the commentators will have to handle it. I'll only be able to do the radio relay and recording.

IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #80 on: Feb 13th, 2012, 6:45am »

I have some available time this weekend so I'll volunteer to be a commentator of Fritzlein-hanzack as well as writing both game reports.  I've filled in the spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, my own game isn't at the best time for spectators & commentators.  I'm willing to push it back an hour or two, but it's quite possible that Jean is very busy this weekend.  I'm guessing that's the case since Friday 6am wasn't even close to being my top preference  Wink
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #81 on: Feb 13th, 2012, 5:44pm »

I had actually forgotten again to update my prefered times before Omar ran the scheduler. I almost sent you an email, 6am being a rather terrible time for a late riser such as me, but I realized I didn't have many good times slots which could be convenient for you. You mention pushing the game back a few hours, but it's 1am (early friday) for you, are you considering playing in the middle of the night? I'll mostly be unavailable this week-end, but if you have more convenient week times please let me know.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #82 on: Feb 13th, 2012, 6:23pm »

on Feb 13th, 2012, 5:44pm, chessandgo wrote:
I had actually forgotten again to update my prefered times before Omar ran the scheduler. I almost sent you an email, 6am being a rather terrible time for a late riser such as me, but I realized I didn't have many good times slots which could be convenient for you. You mention pushing the game back a few hours, but it's 1am (early friday) for you, are you considering playing in the middle of the night? I'll mostly be unavailable this week-end, but if you have more convenient week times please let me know.

That's strange.  I got an e-mail that mentioned it's 6am my local time:

Your game against: Jean Daligault (chessandgo)
is scheduled to start at: Fri 6:00 am YLT
YLT = Your Local Time

Anyway, once we straighten that issue out, is it OK if we play at 7am-8am EST which should be around noon-1pm for you?  Just in case, I'll bump up the preference for those 2 time slots before the scheduler runs a 2nd time.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2012, 6:24pm by Adanac » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #83 on: Feb 13th, 2012, 6:49pm »

That'd be a zillion times better for me! I'm updating my times with slots 42-43 as only top preferrence (are those what you're referring to?).
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #84 on: Feb 13th, 2012, 7:04pm »

on Feb 13th, 2012, 6:49pm, chessandgo wrote:
That'd be a zillion times better for me! I'm updating my times with slots 42-43 as only top preferrence (are those what you're referring to?).

That's great that we agree on a game time but those time slots are 37-38 for me.  Are you sure that you're logged in for the right time zone?
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #85 on: Feb 14th, 2012, 4:25am »

fffff... you're right, my times aren't making sense. I've toyed with the "time zone" thingy again, I think it's ok now. 37-38 are my only top preference, pick up the best for you.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #86 on: Feb 16th, 2012, 12:50pm »

Is someone writing a game report for the Adanac-Fritz game of Round 5? I've not contributed yet, so I'd give it a shot unless someone (Vladan?) has already started.

EDIT: oh, I actually went ahead, and just realized that Greg had signed up for the commentary. Hmm, I'm sending you what I've written, feel free to cut and paste, and use or not use it any way you like Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2012, 1:29pm by chessandgo » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #87 on: Feb 17th, 2012, 12:50pm »

I don't have a wiki account I think. How can I create one? Should I email Omar through the contact page?
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #88 on: Feb 17th, 2012, 12:57pm »

on Feb 17th, 2012, 12:50pm, chessandgo wrote:
I don't have a wiki account I think. How can I create one? Should I email Omar through the contact page?

Yep, contact Omar via any means and ask for an account.  (Anyone in the community can have an account; but if we allow automatic edits we get spammed.  Sad)
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #89 on: Feb 18th, 2012, 4:32am »

Thanks, he created it, great!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.