Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Call for tournament coordinators »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Call for tournament coordinators
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Call for tournament coordinators  (Read 2138 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Call for tournament coordinators
« on: Oct 12th, 2013, 3:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Omar and myself would like to add a few more tournament coordinators for the upcoming world championships. If you've been around Arimaa for a while and seen a WC or two this is a great way to get a little more involved.

The full description can be found in the tournament rules. The basic idea is for you to help clarify rules to players and be available for specific games to make a judgement on whether a game result is final or not. But if you're ever unsure yourself you can always kick it up the ladder to me. Wink

You're going to be here watching the games anyway right? Smiley It'd be great if you could join us and help ensure the tournament once again goes as smoothly as possible. Please leave a note here or send me an email at janzert@janzert.com if you are interested.

Janzert
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2013, 3:37pm by Janzert » IP Logged
supersamu
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7523

Re: Call for tournament coordinators
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2013, 1:06pm »

I am interested in being a tournament coordinator.
Shouldn´t be too hard, since all my actions I might have to take seem to be determined by the rules.  
And you are right, I am watching the games anyway  Smiley.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14th, 2013, 1:33pm »

on Oct 14th, 2013, 1:06pm, supersamu wrote:
Shouldn´t be too hard, since all my actions I might have to take seem to be determined by the rules.

Exactly.
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2013, 9:39pm »

Thanks Supersamu.

Yep, TC is easy; read the rules do what they say; if the rules don't cover the situation push it off to someone else. Wink

Janzert
IP Logged
clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2013, 9:09pm »

After much personal debate, I have decided that I would like to be among the TCs this year. I would prefer not to burden myself with a feeling of obligation to assist in running the tournament but simultaneously accept that I will almost certainly again be viewing and commentating a very large number of games either way. Tongue
IP Logged

I administer the Endless Endgame Event (EEE). Players welcome!
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #5 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 2:12am »

on Oct 30th, 2013, 9:09pm, clyring wrote:
After much personal debate, I have decided that I would like to be among the TCs this year. I would prefer not to burden myself with a feeling of obligation to assist in running the tournament but simultaneously accept that I will almost certainly again be viewing and commentating a very large number of games either way. Tongue

I'd like to participate in the commentating part though I don't have your endurance, one game a day is enough to me. My error last year was to think that I could do more than  that.
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2013, 3:17pm »

on Oct 30th, 2013, 9:09pm, clyring wrote:
... I will almost certainly again be viewing and commentating a very large number of games either way. Tongue

Sorry I didn't reply to this much, much sooner.

While I would be glad to have you as a coordinator, I think it would be much more difficult to replace the prodigious amount of commentary you do. You truly provide a huge value with all that work. I would hate to add anything that would in any way discourage you from being around for commentary.

So if you want to do it I'll add you as a coordinator. But I'd be quite happy to keep you away from all other tournament work if it'll help keep up the supply of commentary. Wink

Janzert
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2013, 3:19pm »

on Nov 1st, 2013, 2:12am, Arimabuff wrote:

I'd like to participate in the commentating part

Thanks; I expect to put up a thread a few weeks before the tournament begins to get the commentators set and ready to go.

Janzert
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.