Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2014 WC welcome email »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2014 WC welcome email
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2014 WC welcome email  (Read 2176 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

2014 WC welcome email
« on: Jan 4th, 2014, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All players in the WC tournament should have now received an email, with the subject "Arimaa 2014 World Championship", welcoming you to the tournament and containing some instructions for the game scheduling.

If you did not receive this email, please make sure the email listed on your arimaa.com account is correct. If the address is correct please check your spam folder, and if you find it, mark it as not spam and the sender as allowed. Your game times each week will be sent to you using this same method.

Janzert
IP Logged
kzb52
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8454

Re: 2014 WC welcome email
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2014, 10:29pm »

So, what should I do if I have not received the email yet?  I actually haven't gotten a single email from arimaa.com since midsummer.  This is a bit odd since I got all the emails from my postal mixer games but haven't received any emails since.

I messed around with my account yesterday (retyping in the email address and asking it to send the "forgot password" email) and I still haven't gotten anything.  They don't show up in my inbox or spam folder, I have no idea where they go.

I don't consider this too big a deal - I'm on this site almost every day and I updated my preferred game times already - but if there is other important information I'd certainly like to know about it.  As a last-ditch effort I can try to switch my email accounts if you feel like that's necessary.
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2014, 10:57pm »

Since messaging you through the site email will be the 'official' way to contact you it would be good if you can get it working. If you have another address that you actively monitor that may be the best way to resolve it.

In any case here are the contents of the welcome message.

Janzert
IP Logged
kzb52
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8454

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2014, 11:27pm »

I think I got it working with a new address.  I suppose this is the nudge I needed to finally switch back to gmail.  I can't recover any past emails but I *should* be OK from here onward.

Thanks for the information and quick response!
IP Logged
harvestsnow
Forum Guru

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6th, 2014, 8:29am »

on Jan 5th, 2014, 10:29pm, kzb52 wrote:
I actually haven't gotten a single email from arimaa.com since midsummer.  This is a bit odd since I got all the emails from my postal mixer games but haven't received any emails since.

I had to visit gmail's spam folder to get the message. I also found there a lot of notifications about undelivered mails sent to your university address.
Quote:

This is the mail system at host www.arimaa.com.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients.
<***@***.***>: delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
    ********[*.*.*.*]:25: Connection timed out

These were sent to me because arimaa.com puts the opponent's address in the "from" header when it sends you a mail about a new move in a postal game. I don't understand why.
If you receive other mails at this address, then maybe your university has an aggressive spam filtering and doesn't even aknowledge mails crafted this way.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2014, 12:14pm by harvestsnow » IP Logged
kzb52
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8454

« Reply #5 on: Jan 6th, 2014, 12:51pm »

You're probably right on the money.  I really never should have started using that student email regularly, it has many known issues and limitations.  I didn't bother to deal with it before now simply because I had never received an important email from arimaa.com.  I certainly didn't mind not getting the "it's your move" emails I don't really need them.  But in any event I think that it's a resolved issue.  Sorry to everyone whom I've unwittingly spammed over the last five or six months.
IP Logged
rabbits
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1337

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2014, 9:46pm »

I don't think I got an email about the tournament.  And I don't use Gmail.  And I have a headache.  Triple sad face Sad Sad Sad
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.