Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challenge »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challenge
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challenge  (Read 1005 times)
mattj256
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8519

Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challenge
« on: May 1st, 2015, 10:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We the undersigned think that the results of the Arimaa Challenge should be submitted to a third party who has no financial stake in the outcome of the event.
The third party will be agreed to by everyone who has a financial stake in the Arimaa Challenge.  (Omar, browni3141, Fritzlein, lightvector)
The third party will perform one of these:
- nonbinding mediation
- nonbinding arbitration
- binding arbitration
IP Logged
mattj256
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8519

Re: Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challeng
« Reply #1 on: May 1st, 2015, 10:48am »

[signing my name] Matthew
IP Logged
browni3141
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7014

Re: Petition for mediation/arbitration of Challeng
« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2015, 6:05pm »

I do not believe I have the right to decide who the arbitrator/mediator isn't. My financial stake has been abolished so that the official outcome of the Challenge doesn't have an impact on me financially, and I'm not sure my stake would have justified my partaking anyway.

However, I would like to be part of the discussion of who should be an arbitrator, and support third party arbitration. Someone who doesn't even know of these events may be considered, so that they don't have any preconceived notions about what ought to happen and knowledge of their likely decision can't easily be known by those agreeing upon the arbitrator.

I'm skeptical that this can influence Omar's decision to accept a third party arbitration, but in case it is I may sign conditionally on my name being removed from your list.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.