Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Computer Championship 2020 »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Computer Championship 2020
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Computer Championship 2020  (Read 837 times)
deep_blue
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9854

Computer Championship 2020
« on: Dec 12th, 2019, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Considering the number of new bots, how are things looking for a 2020 computer championship? Anyone interested in organizing one? I for one would be interested in participating, I have to imagine dolores and rusty would play too. Maybe we could include sharp for historical reasons as well as some other NN bots that various people wanted to build. (maybe this can motivate them to actually do Smiley )
IP Logged
RightfulChip
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #11632

Re: Computer Championship 2020
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2019, 11:29am »

Rusty would definitely be in.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Computer Championship 2020
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2019, 2:15pm »

In the past WCC tournaments I would setup two dedicated servers with identical hardware and allow the bot devs to upload their bots to the servers. All WCC games would be played on these servers. This was to ensure fairness by eliminating hardware differences.

If a computer tournament is organized I can have Sharp2015CC join, but I won't be able to setup dedicated servers to ensure a fair tournament. So devs will have to run the bot on their own servers.

Someone who is familiar with the tournament management tool will need to be the tournament coordinator to setup the games. deep_blue if you want to do this please send me a message so I can get you access to the tournament management tool.

Sorry I can't help out more. I've been really busy with the Shardus.com project which is building a linearly scalable distributed ledger. BTW, if anyone is interested in this, we are looking for more devs. Send me a message from my gameroom profile page.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.