Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 7:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Game 145905 zleiko vs. p4niq »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Game 145905 zleiko vs. p4niq
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Game 145905 zleiko vs. p4niq  (Read 831 times)
zleiko
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5221

Game 145905 zleiko vs. p4niq
« on: Jun 5th, 2010, 12:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/comments.cgi?gid=145905

It was a strange game for me. After a few steps my strong pieces were hostaged and I did not had any idea what to do.

I thought it is a sure loss and my attack on the western wing was a product of my "What else can I do" feeling.

Somehow, I ended in a winning position. What I want to know is, where were the main mistakes of my opponent?
My mistakes are clear for me, the big hostage, but why did I win this game?
IP Logged
leo
Forum Guru

Re: Game 145905 zleiko vs. p4niq
« Reply #1 on: Jun 5th, 2010, 2:22am »

My guess is that it's simply too hard to blockade half of the pieces of the opponent. It just turns the wind against oneself at some point.
But some experts might find a way by which Silver could have taken more advantage of the situation and won?
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #2 on: Jun 5th, 2010, 4:38am »

Way to go on the win.  Silver should have replaced his camel with his elephant on move 11 and then gone around killing all your pieces with the free camel.  If you leave with your elephant, you lose the horse and he can immediately hostage the camel.  Even so, silver could have started killing off your pieces with his horse on move 17 or 18, but instead wanted to immobilize you.  Silver made poor moves from 29 on, and you took advantage of that very well.
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #3 on: Jun 5th, 2010, 9:09am »

From move 19s on he should have killed your two rabbits safely and then never let you take control of that trap. My guess is that he could have slowly worn you down from that trap, with his elephant standing guard nearby. Never let your horse in, and those two buried rabbits were just a ticking time bomb.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.