Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « game 163685 ginrunner vr bot_Bomb2005Blitz »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   game 163685 ginrunner vr bot_Bomb2005Blitz
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: game 163685 ginrunner vr bot_Bomb2005Blitz  (Read 671 times)
ginrunner
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #5449

game 163685 ginrunner vr bot_Bomb2005Blitz
« on: Dec 7th, 2010, 9:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok I won but I got d**n
 lucky I think. I made a bunch of careless and stupid mistakes. 5g for example I was not thinking and trying to set up an EH attack type of thing on the C6 trap and instead got caught i a frame. I think 6g was a good move as i cant see how I can have both of my horses trapped but that is why I am posting. I need pointers. I honestly think the bot helped me out with 6s as that was what I was trying to do. I got incredibly lucky with the bot trapping its own elephant in the corner which is in my opinion the only reason I won.  

I am pretty sure 16g was a mistake but I don't know where I could have gone. the only reason I know it was a mistake was because from then till 21s I was scrambling to protect f3 and in the end lost a dog for nothing.  

At 25s the enemy camel "hostages" my cat which helped me a lot because it freed f3 from threat and allowed me to continue my push forward which in turn allowed me to capture the free enemy horse in exchange for the cat and hostage the enemy cat for a brief period.  

I honestly can't tell you why I moved my rabbit on 37g. that was a facepalm there and I tend to make a habit of that when playing bomb.  

39g I was still just trying to make more captures but once I saw the elephant move I knew that the western side was free for my rabbit advance.I tried to defend f6 because I wasnt sure if I had a forced goal yet and since it was a blitz game I couldn't run the line out and see.  At 41g I saw I could not defend the trap and so a decided to race, would I goal first or lose all of my pieces first.  

... I got lucky. I won but I can't tell you exactly how I won without saying the bot messed up which is not a good thing. I should be able to win without any huge mistakes from the bot. What could I have done differently ... better?

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/games/jsShowGame.cgi?gid=163685&s=w
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2010, 9:46pm by ginrunner » IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

Re: game 163685 ginrunner vr bot_Bomb2005Blitzh
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2010, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think you did a pretty good job despite the mistakes.  One of the reasons the HE attack is hard to stop is because the defender can't really afford to tie down their E.  The bot did just that and you took advantage of the fact.  You would have trapped the bot's E even without help, or the bot would move its E and let your horse out.  The mistakes I see as most critical happen when you are trying to free the horse with the camel.  

On 12g, Hd4e He4s hd5s Me5w would have given you a free horse the next turn.

16g was indeed a mistake, but the move to fix is at 15g.   A better move would have been on 15g to lose your horse and take the camel and silver horse hostage with your E (Ec5e Ed5s md3s Ed4s).  

From there, you and the the bot just took turns making attacks and defending, and the bot ended up with all its strong pieces on one side.  I do not think the bot made many large mistakes other than failing to see the big picture.

I think you are getting a good feeling for how to push the game in the right direction and that ultimately gave you the win.

In summary,
you = sometimes weak tactics but good strategy
bot = sometimes weak strategy but good tactics
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.