Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 8:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Game 165880 isaacg227 vs. Marwin P2 »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Game 165880 isaacg227 vs. Marwin P2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Game 165880 isaacg227 vs. Marwin P2  (Read 909 times)
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

Game 165880 isaacg227 vs. Marwin P2
« on: Dec 26th, 2010, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I would love comments/suggestions/pointers on this game. It was my first successful swarm against a good opponent, so I would like comments on the efficacy of my strategy.
Thanks in advance, Isaac.
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2010, 10:15pm by Isaac Grosof » IP Logged

Sorry about that one thing.
aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

Re: Game 165880 isaacg227 vs. Marwin P2
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26th, 2010, 10:55pm »

A quick glance at the game doesn't reveal much to criticize, although 6s allowed the possibility of 7g Ed6s Ed5s hd3e Ed4s, which might have proven awkward.
IP Logged
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2010, 3:17am »

I agree, 6s was potentially my worst move.
IP Logged

ginrunner
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #5449

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2010, 10:37am »

my biggest problem is actually with 8s up until it pays off on 13s. i know why you did it and it was not a bad plan but it led to you having to commit both horses and your elephant instead of being able to just commit a horse and an elephant and have the ability to move the other horse out or maybe just the two horses and be able to move the elephant out and wreak havoc that way. As it stands you were able to frame the enemy cat with 2 horses and your elephant which actually for a brief period (in my opinion) gives the opponent a sort of material advantage which it did not capitalize on.  Also, next time you swarm try not to trap your own piece under the swarm, it is tough but something to work on. If you do trap your own piece try and trap something usual of the opponents (for example if you are trapping your own horse try and make it so the enemy camel or better yet elephant falls under the trap as well.  

Other than that well played. Also, my advice just may be stylistic in nature so take it with a grain of salt.
IP Logged
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2011, 9:21pm »

The completion of the plan started at 8s was on 26s, where I am holding partial control of C3 without my elephant, giving me the strongest free piece. That was why I used two horses and an elephant, not to frame a cat.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.