Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi  (Read 803 times)
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi
« on: May 21st, 2011, 2:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just finished a game with Heyckie:
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/opengamewin.cgi?client=1&gameid=18 4785&role=v&side=b
I would like an analysis of my play during this game, and specifically about my endgame play (move 30+). All comments are appreciated, including those critical of me.
IP Logged

Sorry about that one thing.
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

Re: Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi
« Reply #1 on: May 31st, 2011, 8:26am »

Your socks don't match.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: Game 184785: Heyckie vs. 722caasi
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15th, 2011, 9:04am »

Wow, that's one fun game! Before 30g with CRRR for mh I feel that Gold should be winning, but it's a very tough game.  

As silver I wouldn't think twice before jumping into a3 with a rabbit on move 30s (and I would have prevented it as Gold on 30g). As Gold I would be dying to advance the Rh1 to at least h4 (maybe h5) on basically every move; I'm not sure of the timing (31g might be the right move to play Rh1nnn).

On 33s moving the horse west should be better than east, as there are already 3 silver pieces in the east.

I think that Gold loses a lot of time with his Elephant steps on moves 31-32-33-34g. Many of those steps might have been used very profitably to move pieces (including rabbits) forward (and maybe the dog towards b3).

34s is a wild sacrifice, silver needs an almost forced goal to compensate for the loss of the before last rabbit. Maybe 36g Rc2ww De3ww was better for Gold, allowing the Elephant to particpate both to goal attack and goal defense.

38g Ra4n Rb4w Ra5n Ra6n looks terribly strong to me.

39g is a mistake, flipping the rabbit into the trap actually turns in into a bigger goal threat than leaving it on a3. I think this is a very common phenomenon, rabbits frames in the endgame are almost always very dangerous, as the rabbit is more centralized, and silver breaking the frame very often forces a goal.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2011, 9:08am by chessandgo » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.