Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani  (Read 722 times)
Riani
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6418

bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani
« on: Jun 22nd, 2011, 5:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/opengamewin.cgi?client=1&gameid=18 8151&role=v&side=b

my game. Vs  bot_Arimaa2006P1  
 This game took far too long and the elephant blockade  (21g) was too effective. Any help is useful. (also any tips for playing silver in general, this is about the third time I've played it) Thank you.  
Riani
IP Logged
Swynndla
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1821

Re: bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22nd, 2011, 6:57pm »

I think the first half of the game you played really well, because you played it safe, controlled your own traps, and ate golds pieces.  Safe may not be as exiting as some strategies, but it is very strong and sound (even it is may be viewed as a bit boring - I don't view it as boring as it allows you to plan when you want to attack).

14s is where you could have contested the c3 trap with you camel & horse & cat, and with your elephant as support, but it looks like you went for the more aggressive & unsafe & exciting plan of a goal run.

20s: the simplest (and usually the fastest) way to goal is to eat rabbits when offered, rather than pushing through with your elephant.  You eat a rabbit and you are instantly threatening goal again, so you'll probably be offered other rabbit, and after that, gold's defenses will be so weak that goal will be just around the corner.

21s: yep, crowding your elephant is the only way for gold to stop goal straight away.  If you want to win quickly in this position, the move to do is simply:
Rf1n eg1w
... and gold can't stop goal next turn.  In fact that sort of setup works because gold can't crowd your elephant (ie you've created a space that can't be filled), and it's a common trick used to force a goal.
IP Logged
Riani
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6418

Re: bot_Arimaa2006P1 vs Riani
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2011, 12:44pm »

thank you for your analysis!
Riani
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.