Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « supersamu vs. bot_Arimaazilla »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   supersamu vs. bot_Arimaazilla
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: supersamu vs. bot_Arimaazilla  (Read 1117 times)
supersamu
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7523

supersamu vs. bot_Arimaazilla
« on: Mar 18th, 2012, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,
i recently played this game against a bot:

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/opengamewin.cgi?client=1&gameid=22 0972&role=v&side=b
I read the wikibook before this game  and tried to implement strategies.
I succeded in the camel hostage, but i didnt profit very much from it. Can you tell me what my mistakes were?
Here is the comments section of my game:
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/comments.cgi?gid=220972
I know that i did a lot of single and silly mistakes from moves 25 to 40, but i would like if you could concentrate the critics on the big picture.

Thank you for your time

P.S. this is my first post
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2012, 4:20pm by supersamu » IP Logged

Manuel
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4020

Re: supersamu vs. bot_Arimaazilla
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2012, 3:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Considering the number of games you played, I think you played this game rather well.

Your biggest mistake was to leave the F3 trap with only one defender on 36g. You can see how much damage came from losing that trap...

On the camel hostage: the one thing you want to prevent is that your opponent brings two additional defenders to the C3 trap, because when he does that his elephant can leave and your advantage is gone (12s). You responded well in pushing them away again.
Then a trick bots use often is to put one of your own pieces in the trap such that you have one step too few to capture the camel (13s, 14s, 16s). The answer to that (in this case) would have been to step your dog to C4 instead of to D3; then it cannot be pushed immediately back into C3 and the elephant would have to come back to defend C3, leaving F3 completely to you. Especially on 19g, you should have used your fourth step to step your dog to C4.

Lastly: framing pieces only works when they are hold with stronger pieces on all sides. Otherwise it is just a waste of steps... (20g, 22g, 24g)

But in general I think you responded reasonably well to the problems that were served to you, and the general idea of making threats at several traps at the same time you did well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.