Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « PerkofBR vs aciliomendes game 311848 (postal) »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   PerkofBR vs aciliomendes game 311848 (postal)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PerkofBR vs aciliomendes game 311848 (postal)  (Read 1360 times)
aciliomendes
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5190

PerkofBR vs aciliomendes game 311848 (postal)
« on: Sep 4th, 2014, 7:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,  

Would you care to comment on http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/comments.cgi?gid=311848?
IP Logged
kzb52
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8454

Re:  PerkofBR vs aciliomendes game 311848 (po
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 11:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Since nobody else has commented, I'll offer a few thoughts.  Hopefully you find it helpful, and hopefully stronger players judge it as sound advice!

I want to play 6s ee3ew Rf2nx xxxx.  I think you give up a horse to cat + rabbit (which leaves you about a rabbit down) but you have control of f3.  Then swarm forward and prepare to give up a camel hostage.  This may not be objectively correct though.  6s ee3n ee4w hc4w hb4w is the safer option.  This way doesn't give a horse frame immediately.

10s he6w rd8w ra7s ra6e would have been more effective at cutting off the elephant.  

14s is tricky.  Your move is good because it avoids a horse trade (M > H, and MH > HH, but not by as much) and prevents the camel from being flipped away.  However, 15g is a good reply I think, and it's annoying.  Maybe 14s cf7s rf8s Hg7e mg6n is better?

I slightly prefer 15s rc7e rd8e cf6w rh8s.  I don't think you need to worry much about 16g Hf7s ce6s Hf6w Dd2n, and now your dog is already defending f6 (which you had to do anyway on 17s)

20s I don't think you want to risk giving a camel hostage.  Instead maybe 20s ef5w rf8s cc8s xxxx

Again, I think gold missed a chance with 22g Eg6s Eg5s mg3e Eg4s.  I prefer 21s Hf4e ef5s rf8s rc6e, which gets at least a cat and f3 control for a dog.

After 22s (and definitely after 24s) the game is over.  I disagree with offering up a rabbit on 24s, 25s, but you can probably afford to.
I feel like 27s re5s re4s mf4n ec5s wins a little faster, but it's not a big deal.

Overall, pretty well played.  You won because of the tactical shot that netted camel for horse, and also because you more effectively controlled key squares around f3 and c6.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.