Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 10:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « The camel piece »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   The camel piece
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The camel piece  (Read 4285 times)
IdahoEv
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1753

Re: The camel piece
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 10:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 13th, 2006, 2:06pm, NIC1138 wrote:
the killer instinct is stronger in cats against birds and hawks against rabbits, than in dogs against cats and cats against rabbits!!..  Cool

Given that my pet dog corners cats but then tries to copulate with them, I tend to concur with your statement about the killer instincts of dogs.
IP Logged
BlackKnight
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #695

« Reply #16 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 11:42pm »

on Apr 12th, 2006, 5:08pm, 99of9 wrote:
You want to play a game where the objective is to get some grass to the other side of the field?

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill (or fence)!"
I think that clearly states the objective of the game! Wink

Does the hawk mean Arimaa needs to go into a third dimension? Wink Can the hawk fly over the trap and/or other pieces?
IP Logged
BlackKnight
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #695

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14th, 2006, 1:33am »

Sorry, I forgot to mention kangaroo and Trojan horse in my last posting! Cheesy

And this reminds me of the following (or maybe the other way round): I have a chess set where you can stack any pieces on top of each other, and this kind of chess also has its own rules: You can stack arbitrarily, but if your opponent captures this stack, then all the pieces are gone!
The stack moves like the topmost piece - only! When the stack moves, it can leave a lower part of the stack on the starting square. Promoting a pawn can be speeded up quite a bit, especially on a half-open file with a rook behind: 1. The rook hops on top of the pawn. 2. The "rook"-stack moves to the opposite rank. 3. The rook moves away leaving the pawn behind to be promoted.

I don't know whether this game was really successful but it was quite fun to play, and of course you can use this chess set also for normal play.
IP Logged
NIC1138
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #65536

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:54pm »

I know a similar game, created by a famous chess dude called something-something Lasker. But The version I know is more like checkers...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.