Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « french are in :) »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   french are in :)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: french are in :)  (Read 1822 times)
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

french are in :)
« on: Apr 12th, 2006, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

From the last newbees, 4 are french (geheimnis is no more german than i'm canadian). Go France go !!! Smiley
Watch out germans and americans Wink !
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: french are in :)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 7:01am »

It's so confusing these days with everyone moving around.  99of9 played for the UK, but now plays for Australia.  PMertens played for the US, but now plays for Germany, and anyway was born in Belgium.  On top of that you say the French are infiltrating as Germans and Canadians?  The next thing you know, people will stop caring about nationality and just be people!
IP Logged

OLTI
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #1034

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 10:36am »

And we have Fritzlein who play under German Chess  
Federation. Wink
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 10:55am »

on Apr 13th, 2006, 10:36am, OLTI wrote:
And we have Fritzlein who play under German Chess  
Federation. Wink

LOL.  That is a different Karl Juhnke.  I'm not nearly so good at chess as he is.  I wonder if anyone ever asks him about his Arimaa exploits.
IP Logged

BlackKnight
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #695

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14th, 2006, 1:15am »

on Apr 13th, 2006, 7:01am, Fritzlein wrote:
The next thing you know, people will stop caring about nationality and just be people!

That would be really great I think. Today I went to Seattle and crossing the border from Canada to US was ... - hmm, let's say not as easy as crossing borders in Europe.

Another funny story:
Last time when I took AA from Frankfurt to Vancouver via Dallas Fort Worth, they refused to let me take the flight unless I buy a return ticket. That happened to me on the morning when I was in the airport ready to leave. "Quelle surprise!" But I must say once arrived in Vancouver it was no problem at all to get back the money for the return flight. Smiley

And actually there are much more interesting/worse stories about my travels around the world. These stories were just motivated through my trip today.

Finally: I have a German passport, spent quite some years in Hong Kong, am staying in Vancouver now, and my wife is a Chinese, and also plays Arimaa from time to time. Smiley And home is for me where my wife is!  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.