Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Web frameworks »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Web frameworks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Web frameworks  (Read 711 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Web frameworks
« on: Oct 21st, 2008, 10:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been evaluating various web application frameworks lately and was wondering if others here have used any and which one they prefer (and why).
IP Logged
Polyfractal
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #3241

Re: Web frameworks
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2008, 9:15am »

I'm only familiar with PHP web frameworks, and only anecdotally.  I briefly worked with CakePHP once and found it nicely organized but didn't work further on the project, so I'm not sure how it rates on actual use.  I've been told it is very nice though.

I worked on a project with some dev guys at Seed Media Group and they enjoy using the Zend framework for PHP development.   Again, haven't worked with it myself but they seem to prefer it.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2008, 11:48am »

Thanks for the input. After looking at many web frameworks I am starting to like Ruby on Rails. It is really easy to get started with; and seems to have a lot of documentation, support and plugins. Also the Ruby language is pretty nice to work with. Has anyone else tried this?
IP Logged
sleepywind
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #3476

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2008, 3:36am »

If you like Python you can also try Django. I haven't worked with Ruby On Rails, but from some comparisons on the web I understood that these two ( Django, Ruby On Rails ) are actually quite similar.  
From my point of view, django is clean, powerfull, yet easy to start with framework ...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.