Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « One Day in the Life of the World »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   One Day in the Life of the World
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: One Day in the Life of the World  (Read 1243 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

One Day in the Life of the World
« on: Sep 16th, 2010, 3:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Avri sent me this email recently to let me know about this event coming up. I think it would be cool to take a pic while playing Arimaa and post it to this project. I am planning to submit a pic of Aamir and I playing Arimaa.

Quote:

Hi guys.  Seems to me that "One Day in the Life of the Wirld" is an opportunity for Arimaa events, or at least to get a permanent record in the snapshot of the day.  I've been too busy to play of late, and have even less time to post on the Arimaa forums.  Is this something you want to put out to the Arimaa community, to have Arimaa included in this "digital tiome capsule"?  A little more info below:

One month from today, on October 15, something is happening . . .

A few weeks back an old college buddy of mine contacted me along with a crowd of friends who haven't all been in the same room (or even  the same country) together since 1995, asking for help spreading the word.  And the word is spreading.  

Let me tell it in his words:
"One Day in the Life of the World is an amazing world-wide event set to take place on the 15th October. It is a chance for us all to celebrate our life and the planet we live on. I am asking people to take a photo or photos of something, somebody or somewhere that they like and submit it into our site for everybody to explore forever. It is sort of creating a digital time capsule for us all to share.

Anyone can get involved, for almost any reason. You can you use it promote your club, group, school, business, tribe, or yourself. You can do it alone or with others. We want amateurs and professionals alike to take part and the rights of the photos remain yours too. It will be a great time-piece of life in 2010.

To make this happen, I am asking that you pass this on to all of your family, friends, colleagues, team-mates etc. Help me to take a random day and make it into the largest mass collaboration project in history."

No fees, no registration, no reason not to join in. Taggable, sortable and searchable, let's make sure that the snapshot of this day includes the people, places and things we care about.  

What will you post pictures of?  Where will you continue to spread the word?  What are you waiting for?
  www.oneday.publisha.com

IP Logged
nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

Re: One Day in the Life of the World
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

*ugh*

Apparently I'm even too swamped to spellcheck . . .
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.