Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 11:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Go programming language »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Go programming language
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Go programming language  (Read 2689 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Go programming language
« on: Feb 27th, 2011, 10:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Google is developing a new programming language called Go. One of the designers behind it is Ken Thompson.

From the Go language web site:

"The Go programming language is an open source project to make programmers more productive. Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Its concurrency mechanisms make it easy to write programs that get the most out of multicore and networked machines, while its novel type system enables flexible and modular program construction. Go compiles quickly to machine code yet has the convenience of garbage collection and the power of run-time reflection. It's a fast, statically typed, compiled language that feels like a dynamically typed, interpreted language."

I have experimented with it yet, but sounds like it might be a good language for writing bots.

http://golang.org/
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2011, 10:03pm by omar » IP Logged
Dolus
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6845

DolusDeceit

Re: Go programming language
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19th, 2011, 5:57pm »

I've marginally dealt with Go. It's definitely great for taking advantage of multiple processors, which it sounds like many Arimaa bots are either moving to, have recently moved to, or need to move to. I remember we had a lot of issues with the language itself, mostly nuances, but I don't recall what they all were. The most difficult part, though, is trying to find information on Go online. It's just too common of a word/substring.
IP Logged

rabbits
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1337

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 12:00am »

I wrote my bot in Go.  I don't love any programming language, but I would give Go a positive review.  I remember disliking Go arrays/slices and the lack of generic types... but I haven't used the language much at all in the last year, and it is still under development, so even those things might become / already be better.

While searching the internet, it is useful to use the name "Golang" instead of two letter name of the language.
IP Logged

tdeere
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6962

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2011, 2:41pm »

Im studying Go programming language now. I like it, because it is easy to work with.
IP Logged

vertimo paslaugos klaipedoje
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.