Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Re: Howdy arimaa babies! I beg a favor of you!!!!! »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Re: Howdy arimaa babies! I beg a favor of you!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Howdy arimaa babies! I beg a favor of you!!!!!  (Read 4064 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« on: Feb 9th, 2012, 10:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

These are some interesting ideas for playing from memory, hanzack.  I wonder, however, whether you would get more willing responses if you didn't call everyone "arimaa babies".  It is not polite.  Do you remember when we discussed this in the chat room?  You said that it is not polite in Japanese to call an adult a baby.  If "baby" is an insult in Japanese, why do you expect that it is OK in English?  But even if you didn't know how it sounds in English because English is a foreign language to, I politely explained that the way you call everyone "arimaa babies" is an insult in English.  Please choose some other greeting, such as "Arimaa friends", "Arimaa dudes", or "Arimaa fans".   Thank you in advance.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2012, 10:55am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2012, 7:00pm »

on Feb 9th, 2012, 6:09pm, hanzack wrote:
it's not an insult in Japanese but just weird.

OK, I didn't realize you were just being weird.  Weirdness is all right by me.  Smiley

Quote:
okay i won't use it  Lips Sealed,

Thank you!  We Arimaa dudes will appreciate it.

Quote:
by the way you can make the clientsHuh Fritz Angry

Unfortunately I am not much of a programmer; you probably know as much about programming as I do.  I have tried to play blindfold games a couple of times though.  Each time I had a human relay the moves for me, because we had no good interface.  It would have been much more convenient with one of the clients you suggest.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2012, 8:50am »

hanzack, I don't think this kind of client would be something that many people would be able to use.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.