Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Christian Freeling on inventing games (part 2) »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Christian Freeling on inventing games (part 2)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Christian Freeling on inventing games (part 2)  (Read 227577 times)
christianF
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4019

Re: Christian Freeling on inventing games (part 2)
« Reply #150 on: May 23rd, 2020, 5:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

MindSports is completely java free now. It took about a year and the bulk of the work has been done by Ed van Zon. It was a great run!

Personally I've been mostly involved in Storisende and this is a base-7 game that I play against Kerry Handscomb of Abstract Games Magazine. I'll leave you to it and only say that Storisende's scenario has a unique division consisting of different stages and that it has great narrative power.
IP Logged
christianF
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4019

« Reply #151 on: Jan 10th, 2021, 4:00am »

So I've not been here since May 2020. Storisende, my intended last game, is from April 2018 and I managed almost two years to not invent another game. Quite commendable I would say, but alas, all good intentions must pass.

I may be excused for Chess+ (Nov. 2019), a cooperative effort with Nick Bentley and not really an invention.  

But in July 2020 a casual remark by Stephen Tavener (of AiAi) led to a Loca, a Draughts funny based on a hybrid king/man piece. It's a capture roller coaster towards and endgame. Collateral damage of course, but playable with generic material, so why not. But it was the start of a new wave and before the end of the year there was:

Qascade
King's Castle
XiaGo
DropZone
WedgeLock and
Migong, a cooperative effort with Luis Bolaños Mures.

It went so fast that none of these have an app yet, but they all will have one shortly.  
The first one wil be of Cannons & Bullets, my first 2021 game.
It's a mixed bag but it seems I'm still alive Cool .

IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #152 on: Jan 31st, 2021, 2:19am »

Wow, you've been quite busy in 2020. I read your interview in Abstract Games recently.
https://www.abstractgames.org/uploads/1/1/6/4/116462923/abstract_games_i ssue_18.pdf

Good to see this magazine is back.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.