Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 3:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Hello »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello  (Read 1539 times)
Taylor
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #4947

Hello
« on: Feb 6th, 2010, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I'm new. My name is Taylor. Found this game out from my teacher who brought it into the classroom and he got me hooked on the game. I've been playing a few bots and really enjoying the game. Thinking about buying myself a board here soon.  

This is just an all around great game, I love it!. I'm excited to get to know the game better and play more. I'd like to play others if anyone would like to play sometime. Any tips or anything would be appreciated I'm trying to seek ways in beating my teacher Smiley. I'm also looking for some new openings so if anyone has any they would be alright with sharing with a beginner I'd love to know.

Taylor
IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 1:10pm »

Welcome!  

I may not be the best to teach you new openings because I',m not very good at arimaa (and I almost always use the same opening), but I'm sure Fritz or some other good players will help you with that.

I'm curious, do you know who your teacher is in the gameroom?
IP Logged
Taylor
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #4947

« Reply #2 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 1:17pm »

No I need to ask him actually. Smiley

And that would be great if anyone would be able to help me improve. I'm trying different things with the bots trying to come up with some new strategies before Monday. I haven't challenged my teacher yet but I'd like to next week if i actually have a clue what I'm doing by then lol. He always kicks my butt when we play chess and I'm pretty sure if I don't stay on the top on my game in this he'll do the same here.
IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 1:28pm »

I forgot to mention that there is a wikibook for arimaa

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Arimaa

Also there is a book by the 2 times world champion Karl "Fritzlein" Juhnke named" Beginning arimaa".

If what you want is to slay bots in the arimaa wiki there are some good suggestions, some of them are also good against humans.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/Bot_Slaying
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2010, 1:29pm by Eltripas » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.