Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « I beated ARIMAZILLA, finally! »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   I beated ARIMAZILLA, finally!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I beated ARIMAZILLA, finally!  (Read 2392 times)
JoeHead
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #4979

I beated ARIMAZILLA, finally!
« on: Feb 16th, 2010, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello!!!

New player, I am not as much. BUT

I finally beated arimazilla after many desperate attempts. I DID IT. YEAH!!!!!
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: I beated ARIMAZILLA, finally!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2010, 10:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I love how Arimaazilla is the rock of constancy over all the years of the game server.  Arimaazilla (along with little brother ShallowBlue) was the first bot available to play on the server at any time of day or night, starting in January 2003, only a few months after the opening of the game room.  As other bots have joined the bot ladder and dropped out, Arimaazilla has always been there.  It's the continuing benchmark that you know something about Arimaa besides just the rules, that you are relying on your own smarts rather than enemy idiocy to win a game.  I hope that no matter what else happens to the Arimaa server, no matter how we re-jigger the bot ladder, no matter whether the server becomes commercialized or not, no matter whether other servers open with other bots, no matter whether the Arimaa Challenge stands or falls, Arimaazilla will still be there for new players to cut their teeth on.  It's a thread connecting everyone who has ever played Arimaa at all seriously.

Welcome to the brotherhood, JoeHead.  Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.