Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Double hello »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Double hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Double hello  (Read 7733 times)
Theli
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6776

Double hello
« on: Dec 19th, 2013, 5:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I discovered this wonderful game about two years ago. Later, I met Vladan Majerech (Hippo) and decided to write a master thesis about Arimaa static evaluation function under his supervision. As a result, new bot has been created. So the second hello comes from bot_drake.  Smiley

Although bot_drake is not mature yet, and there is a lot of work to do, it will participate in the 2014 Arimaa WCC thanks to Hippo, who paid the registration fee and convinced me to register the bot.

Soon, I will post the thesis, which is focused mainly on code optimization (SIMD parallelization) and machine learning (the weights of the static evaluation function are set automatically according to expert games).
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Double hello
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2013, 7:31pm »

Welcome, great to see you here. I've been looking forward to reading your thesis. Hippo's been tantalizing us with it. Smiley

Nice to see a new bot entered as well, I hope you'll end up with the time and interest to continue developing it.

Janzert
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2013, 8:41pm »

Welcome, Theli.  Thank you so much for entering drake in the 2014 computer championship.  This is a big contribution to the Arimaa community, because Omar will later make the tournament version of drake available as an opponent on the arimaa.com server in perpetuity.  People will be glad of your decision long after you have moved on to other projects!

Please don't hesitate to ask here in the forum any questions you might have about Arimaa.  I suppose, however, that the purpose of your bot is not for it to learn strategy from any human, but rather learn on its own.  I hope it works.  Smiley
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2013, 3:07am »

I am really glad I have persuaded Theli/Tomas to write the thesis in English.  
He was a bit afraid of it, but the value for the comunity highly increases by this decision.

If drake wins a game in WCC2014  against the top three bots, it would be nice achievement.  

We know there is a lot of work to be done to tune it better and there is no time available till the WCC begins, but I hope this would be good motivation to prepare well for WCC2015.

Hippo/Vladan
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.