Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Hello »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello  (Read 13450 times)
Kushiel
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #9913

Hello
« on: Sep 15th, 2014, 12:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey there. I first heard about arimaa years ago when I first took an AI class, and was immediately interested in tackling the Arimaa Challenge. Other projects got in the way though, and I largely forgot about it until I was brainstorming topics for my senior design class.

I was hoping to make my project this year related to the arimaa challenge, but that didn't come to fruition. Regardless, I did a lot of reading on these forums and thought I'd contribute some of my own ideas.

I'll likely be creating bots in the near future, but will probably not play much myself, except to reach a minimum level of competence so that I can recognize obvious flaws when they inevitably crop up in my bots.

I also have ideas for the AEI which I feel would allow programmers to set more useful subgoals on their way to completing the Arimaa challenge, but I'll post those ideas in the appropriate sections of the forum.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2014, 9:20pm »

Thanks for the introduction and all the forum posts.  I am afraid that the increased activity of the chat room in recent years has led to a reduction in forum discussion.  It's more fun to get an immediate response, so we are less likely to put in the time to construct a well thought-out paragraph or two for a slower-paced discussion.

I look forward to tracking the progress of your bot, watching it play in the Computer Championship, and someday beating it in the Arimaa Challenge. Smiley
IP Logged

Kushiel
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #9913

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17th, 2014, 9:23am »

I'm pleased to hear it's a shift in activity from one format to another, even if i prefer the second format less.

It's still much better than an overall decline in interest for the game  Smiley

I'll try to get onto chat soon then.

Edit:
Oh and as to your last point... I'd be happy if I at least made sure you couldn't win while giving a handicap. It's bad enough that bots get regularly thrashed, but it'd be humiliating if by 2020 the humans were still giving horse handicaps and beating the best bots in the world.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014, 9:29am by Kushiel » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.