Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 3:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Saying Hello! »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Saying Hello!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Saying Hello!  (Read 5378 times)
jsiehler
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #6029

Saying Hello!
« on: Jun 24th, 2020, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all!  I haven't a lot to say except that I continue to be fascinated by Arimaa, and have great faith in its depth and potential, though I have little time for playing or studying very actively these days.  It saddens me a bit to visit the forum and see how the pace and clamor of discussion has slowed and quieted; a great deal of the fun of Arimaa is the excitement of development and discoveries, like the excitement around a good research project.  I often wonder what I could contribute to enliven things, but I think I'm a bit too far behind the times, and too cramped for time, to contribute.

I recently co-taught an intensive four-week course on board/tabletop game design at my small college.  We aimed largely at discussing and developing somewhat simpler and smaller-scale games than Arimaa due to time constraints and our goal of making a good inroad for curious and interested students who were approaching game design for the first time.  I frequently thought that a deeper case study of Arimaa would be appropriate for a second, follow-up course.  

Anyway, cheers to all, thanks also for the fascinating repository of comments and discussions in this forum.  It makes for inspiring reading.
IP Logged
jsiehler
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #6029

Re: Saying Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2020, 8:57am »

I think that many who enjoy Arimaa, and the study of games in general, will find some interest or inspiration in Matthew Seymour's online strategy guide for the game of Hex:

http://www.mseymour.ca/hex_book/hexstrat.html

It's really an astonishing, deeply admirable piece of work.  If I could make one contribution to Arimaa culture, I think I would most like to create a similar interactive learning page for Arimaa.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2020, 11:56am by jsiehler » IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Saying Hello!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2021, 11:48pm »

There is actually something similar for Arimaa. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Arimaa
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.