Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 7:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Weird forum stuff. »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Weird forum stuff.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Weird forum stuff.  (Read 798 times)
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

Weird forum stuff.
« on: Jun 10th, 2005, 3:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think when we deleted all those posts we must have found a few bugs in the bulletin board code.  Lots of the lists of "last post" or "newest member" and even "new post flags" have gone wrong.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Weird forum stuff.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 9:12am »

Quite possible that there are bugs in the forum code.

Im going to do an upgrade as soon as version 2 is released. It's currently in beta testing.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 9:15am »

They seem to have sorted themselves out for me anyway, so I guess they're not major.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 12:50pm »

I just logged in and the main screen told me there were no new post in the last few hours, even though there had been a couple.  Did anyone delete a post recently?
IP Logged

PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 1:10pm »

<This is not a personal attack>  Grin

though I do agree that some posts are disposable (not only yours) its a shame that you also deleted some useful post in the past few days.
As far as I remember there should now be a few topics that look totaly weird to anyone reading them since half the post disappeared and people seem to talk to ghost and answering question that were never asked.

Partly I would prefer these posts to be restored if possible (as far as I know some of them were backuped)
This might bring you back on top of the mountain, but I am sure we find a place for you and the view up here is just so much better.
That should be better than staying our newest member forever ...

Actually I think deleting/overly modifying post is not such a good idea since we start multidimensional discussions Smiley (if I need to answer to 2 different posts then it might start looking weird if the original is not there anymore.

But of course nobody has to agree with me here Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2005, 2:32pm by PMertens » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 6:47pm »

on Jun 15th, 2005, 3:00pm, Arimanator wrote:
Let just say that after recent events I decided to make "tabula rasa" a blank slate out of it, going through my "stuff" I found that my interventions were trivial at best  and I'll let others qualify what they were at their worst  Grin.

I agree with PMertens.  You made many useful contributions, and it is a shame they are gone now.  On the other hand, deleting your old posts is your privilege, and I won't stand in your way.  Just expect me to start quoting you more when I reply to your posts.  Wink
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.