Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « New Wiki »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   New Wiki
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Wiki  (Read 2447 times)
Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

Re: New Wiki
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14th, 2009, 7:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

so it ends up being a good thing i played someone who will win at least four of the 5 matches Smiley
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 14th, 2009, 11:52am »

on Jan 14th, 2009, 7:01am, Tuks wrote:
so it ends up being a good thing i played someone who will win at least four of the 5 matches Smiley

Yes, it's a good thing you played chessandgo, unless you were hoping to get one of the three wins you need to qualify.  Shocked
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 15th, 2009, 8:42am »

I have copied commentary from previous years over into the new Arimaa Wiki.  I intend now to shut down the katieandkarl PBWiki.  Does anyone have any objections?

If anyone feels like touching up the format (or content!) of past commentary, please feel free.  I just dumped it over, so it is still a bit rough in appearance.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2009, 11:09am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 15th, 2009, 9:53am »

on Jan 15th, 2009, 8:42am, Fritzlein wrote:
I have copied commentary from previous years over into the new Arimaa Wiki.  I intend now to shut down the katieandkarl PBWiki.  Does anyone have any objections?

If any feels like touching up the format (or content!) of past commentary, please feel free.  I just dumped it over, so it is still a bit rough in appearance.

Thanks Karl, it's awesome to have all the events together in the same Wiki!  That inspired me to spend my lunchhour trying to get navigation toolbars onto the site.

I copied a sample toolbar over from Wikipedia and then customized it for the World Championships.  It didn't work at all, so I guess I'll need to copy over some source code before the toolbars will actually do anything.  This site probably explains it, so I'll take a look tonight  Wink

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Templates
From the section "Copying from one wiki to another"

Edit:  Hmm, I put a bit more effort into it, and I may need some assistance on this one.  It seems I have to modify the MediaWiki:Common.css before I can use templates, but I don't have the authority to do so.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2009, 10:17am by Adanac » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15th, 2009, 8:27pm »

Thanks for looking into the toolbars, Adanac.  It would be very cool to be able to link all the commentary pages with some unified navigation.  Right now its a pain that Omar has to get some permissions set up for you to be able to do what you need to do, but in the long run the various levels of access control are going to be a blessing, I'm sure.  Already I'm glad that we can see who did every edit, and easily revert vandalism.
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #20 on: Jan 31st, 2009, 8:51am »

I've added links on the main page of the new wiki to point to all the pages on the old one that have content that still needs to be moved. Do people think that is enough to change the link in the gameroom to point to the new wiki?

Also the board in the upper right on the main page at http://arimaa.com/ still links to Fritzlein's original report page maybe that should be changed to point at the appropriate page (game report link) on the new wiki as well?

Janzert
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2009, 8:55am by Janzert » IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #21 on: Feb 2nd, 2009, 8:04am »

Janzert, thanks for adding those links to the new wiki. I've changed the links in the gameroom and main page to use the new wiki now.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #22 on: Apr 11th, 2012, 8:09am »

Whatever happened to the toolbar idea?  The navigation on the wiki could use a vast improvement.

I was thinking about updating the botbashers page, but my vision is to reformat the information into a series of tabs.  I am not sure this is possible with the current editing options available.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012, 8:09am by mistre » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.