Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 12:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « vintage GUI in game window »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   vintage GUI in game window
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: vintage GUI in game window  (Read 703 times)
toby1kenobi
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #4714

vintage GUI in game window
« on: Jun 17th, 2010, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is it just me, or has the GUI in the game window gone a bit old-school? It looks like a previous model.

I wouldn't have minded, except that when I start a new game on the bot ladder it actually sets up my pieces for me in a configuration I don't want.

I've tried on 2 computers and get the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this too?
IP Logged
ocmiente
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #3996

Re: vintage GUI in game window
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2010, 9:49pm »

It's not just you.  It was a bit of a surprise when I tried it out.  

When you start a game, you can change the configuration by clicking on any two pieces you want to swap.  The tooltip that pops up if you hover over the question mark at the upper left does help to let you know how to do it.  

<EDIT>Playing with the javascript client was difficult for me, so I went into my client settings, set them to a different client, logged out, then logged in, then set back to the flash client, then logged out and logged in again, and now I seem to be back to where I was a few days ago - much better!
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2010, 8:08pm by ocmiente » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: vintage GUI in game window
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2010, 6:39am »

I made the default client the JavaScript one. None of the clients are perfect but from the feedback I got from new users, they seem to have less difficulty with the JavaScript client. Also I want to move towards a client which can run in any standards compliant browser without requiring plugins.

There was a thread where we discussed how to do the setup and decided that placing all the pieces on the board and allowing the user to swap them around would be the way to go. So in the JavaScript client you can swap the pieces around before sending the setup.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.