Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 11:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Sorting the Bots Available page »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Sorting the Bots Available page
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sorting the Bots Available page  (Read 1325 times)
mistre
Forum Guru

Sorting the Bots Available page
« on: Feb 16th, 2011, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Omar,

Would it be possible to sort the Bots Available page by speed (P1, P2, Fast, Blitz) and then secondarily by bot rating?  Having beat all the ladder bots, I play exclusively from this page, but everytime I go there I get a headache trying to find the right bot I want to play.  

Even better would be to partition off each speed into sections which would make it even better visually.  I see that you can click on the headings to sort, but that gives you alphabetical and not by speed.

IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Sorting the Bots Available page
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 3:36pm »

I also have more use for the page as a "bots available" pages than as an "advanced ladder" page.  I may never complete the "advanced ladder", but I do like an easy way to find and play any bot even if it is not on the main ladder.  It seems the page is trying to do two things.  Smiley  But I didn't realize an alphabetical sorting was available.  Alphabetical makes it easy enough for me to find the bot I want.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2011, 11:32am »

Mark, thanks for the suggestion. I've made a note of it, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get to it anytime soon with the events going on.

If we have someone in the community that knows Perl I can give them an account to make changes like this. I had setup a development server once when Even Dorn offered to make some changes, but we haven't used it much after that. It's still there.
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2011, 1:46am »

on Feb 17th, 2011, 11:32am, omar wrote:

If we have someone in the community that knows Perl I can give them an account to make changes like this. I had setup a development server once when Even Dorn offered to make some changes, but we haven't used it much after that. It's still there.

Hi Omar, I know perl and I'm very much interested. I also thought about minor changes like these and will be glad to help.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21st, 2011, 10:47pm »

on Mar 13th, 2011, 1:46am, camelback wrote:

Hi Omar, I know perl and I'm very much interested. I also thought about minor changes like these and will be glad to help.

Thanks for offering to help out. Sorry it took me a while to get the development server setup again. It had gotten quite out dated. I've sent you the login info by email.
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23rd, 2011, 4:36pm »

Omar, Thank you providing the info for dev environment.

I've completed the change requested by mistre in dev environment. When you go to bots available page bots are sorted by the order of Lightning, Blitz, Fast, P2, P1, CC and others, then by their rating in descending order.  Wink

I'll notify Omar for review and moving to prod.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23rd, 2011, 5:23pm »

Thanks for making the change Thol. I've transfered it to the main server.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24th, 2011, 7:28am »

Great job Camelback!  Thanks for doing this.  Also, just an FYI for everyone - you can click on the headings of any of the columns to re-sort by name, rating, ru, win%, and games played.

I have another small request if it is possible - can you make the win% and games played column data line up more neatly? (extra spacing is needed).

IP Logged

Manuel
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4020

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24th, 2011, 3:26pm »

Ouch, it seems that since this change, starting bots from the advanced ladder does not work anymore.
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24th, 2011, 4:57pm »

on Mar 24th, 2011, 3:26pm, Manuel wrote:
Ouch, it seems that since this change, starting bots from the advanced ladder does not work anymore.

Oh! the bots are being started in the test server and not on the main server, I've notified Omar. Thanks for notifying. Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.