Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 11:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Arimaa points system »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Arimaa points system
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arimaa points system  (Read 1048 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Arimaa points system
« on: Apr 1st, 2011, 11:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Each year the Arimaa events require me to deal with PayPal for collecting and distributing registration fees and prizes. Each time we move money through PayPal there are transaction fees. Some players have actually not accepted the money I sent and asked me to hold on to it to apply towards registration next year. Although this is a good idea to avoid the PayPal fees, keeping track of how much I am holding for whom gets to be a headache when I have to dig through emails to recall the details next year.  So I've setup an Arimaa points system that we can use to reduce sending money through PayPal and it keeps track of who has how much. It's integrated with PayPal so you can convert points to PayPal money and vise versa. It will also make it easier and less time consuming for me to distribute the prizes as Arimaa points. You can then chose to transfer all or part of it to your PayPal account at your convince.

Karl had suggested setting up something like this a long time a ago, but I never got around to it till now. Part of the delay was that it would require replicating the the database tables containing the balances and transactions to another server so that no information is lost in case of the main server going down. I've finally got all that setup now.

The point system allows players to send points to each other. So I think interesting things can be done with it in the future like players setting up their own tournaments with their own registration fees and awards; players being able to pay each other for Arimaa lessons, etc.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/points/
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Re: Arimaa points system
« Reply #1 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 8:12am »

OK so I expect 1$ = 1 Ap.

Oh there is it written 100Ap = 1$ Smiley.

P.S.: When would we gain the points (from the WC and the SC)?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011, 8:18am by Hippo » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 1:41pm »

Cool, this finally gives me a convenient way pay out the prizes from the Continuous Tournament, given that nobody ever got enough points to win a book.  Omar, please deposit the following number of points in the corresponding accounts:

woh      1782
omar      1602
aaaa      1450
Tuks      1349
megamau      960
chessandgo      900
camelback      846
Tachyon      840
jdb      826
Arimabuff      790
ChrisB      718
Aamir      647
ArifSyed      595
OpFor      543 (Janzert)
hamzahq      482
BilalQ      456
arimaa_master      437
naveed      405
GnoBot      398 (99of9)
The_Jeh      384
iamanigeeit      172
svartalfar17      149
novacat      136
Adanac      107
722caasi      100
clueless      100 (jdb)
Nombril      100

Omar, check my math, but I believe that's $172.74 I owe you for the points.  Could you perhaps set my account to -17274 points for the time being, and settle up later after we see how many points I won in the World Championship and Elmo won in the Spectator Contest?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011, 2:45pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 5th, 2011, 10:26pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2011, 8:12am, Hippo wrote:
[s]
P.S.: When would we gain the points (from the WC and the SC)?

As soon as the registration for the postal mixer ends. I just noticed that I made a mistake and thought the postal mixer registration ends on the 10th. Actually it was supposed to end on April 1st. The postal mixer is supposed to start on the 10th. I updated the announcement in the gameroom to end the registration on April 7th. I hope someone who was waiting for the last minute to register doesn't miss it because of this.  
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Apr 5th, 2011, 10:52pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2011, 1:41pm, Fritzlein wrote:
Cool, this finally gives me a convenient way pay out the prizes from the Continuous Tournament, given that nobody ever got enough points to win a book.  Omar, please deposit the following number of points in the corresponding accounts:

woh      1782
omar      1602
aaaa      1450
Tuks      1349
megamau      960
chessandgo      900
camelback      846
Tachyon      840
jdb      826
Arimabuff      790
ChrisB      718
Aamir      647
ArifSyed      595
OpFor      543 (Janzert)
hamzahq      482
BilalQ      456
arimaa_master      437
naveed      405
GnoBot      398 (99of9)
The_Jeh      384
iamanigeeit      172
svartalfar17      149
novacat      136
Adanac      107
722caasi      100
clueless      100 (jdb)
Nombril      100

Omar, check my math, but I believe that's $172.74 I owe you for the points.  Could you perhaps set my account to -17274 points for the time being, and settle up later after we see how many points I won in the World Championship and Elmo won in the Spectator Contest?

Looks right. I just made the transfers. That was easy Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.