Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Bug: move not received »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Bug: move not received
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bug: move not received  (Read 803 times)
Katsunami
Forum Senior Member

Bug: move not received
« on: Apr 14th, 2012, 6:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Smiley

I'm trying to play some games on the botladder again to show my genius at finding the crappiest moves available Tongue Today I seem to have encountered a bug; I lost a game on time because the game client did not show me the bot's move. See the position below:

After playing my last move as silver, the bot seemed to use up it's two minutes, and also it's 10 minutes reserve, and seemed to time out. As nothing happened, I closed the window, but when I logged in later, the game was logged as lost on time for gold. Opening the game again, Gold indeed made a move, but I never saw it.

IP Logged
clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

Re: Bug: move not received
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14th, 2012, 6:24am »

I've seen this bug before and it seems to be well-documented. It happens when the packet containing your opponent's move is sent, but lost somewhere between the server and your computer- I usually refresh regularly when my opponent seems to be taking unusually long to make sure that this does not become a problem.
IP Logged

I administer the Endless Endgame Event (EEE). Players welcome!
Thiagor
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #7007

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14th, 2012, 11:03am »

It might just be a coincidence, but it appears to me that using a different web browser might help. Previously, I used the SRWare Iron browser (based on Chrome) and experienced the problem quite often. Now I use Firefox to play Arimaa, and it seems like the problem disappeared. Has anyone had a similar experience?
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14th, 2012, 1:45pm »

I have experienced this bug much more often recently, or perhaps I have merely noticed it more because I have been playing a lot blitz, which is unusual for me.  Normally I just reload the client and forget about it, but wasting 30 seconds is a large blow in a blitz game.  I am using Chrome FWIW; I may experiment with Firefox for comparison, or I may just lump it and not care about my plummeting rating.  Smiley
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14th, 2012, 4:29pm »

Like this game http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/comments.cgi?gid=225828
Where the display went directly from showing me with 47 seconds in reserve to showing me having lost on time.  Might it have something to do with increased activity (i.e. six other games were going on at the same time)?
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2012, 4:30pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.