Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 10:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Server archive doesn't like really long game »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Server archive doesn't like really long game
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Server archive doesn't like really long game  (Read 1207 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Server archive doesn't like really long game
« on: Nov 14th, 2012, 1:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Doing some testing for arimaa server monitoring and while the game played fine while it was live, now that the game has ended the server doesn't want to cough up the game data. :} Even to the point of not displaying comments left on the game. The game is #249495.

Not really a problem since I can just assure that games end sooner, but thought I'd leave a record here in case Omar wanted to fix it.

Janzert

* last I opened it was about a half hour before it ended somewhere around the 3000 move mark.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Re: Server archive doesn't like really long game
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2012, 3:45am »

I have replayed older game of the bots, with rabbits one step to the goal on both sides on their players turn ... but the game lasted 57 turns. Games lasting 1773 and 3257 are really long and prohibitting their watching could be welcomed not to bore visitors to the death.

Was the only restricion for the bots not to goal and not to capture?

On the other side, a message informing about this decision would be useful.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2012, 3:58am by Hippo » IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Server archive doesn't like really long game
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2012, 3:08am »

on Nov 15th, 2012, 3:45am, Hippo wrote:
I have replayed older game of the bots, with rabbits one step to the goal on both sides on their players turn ... but the game lasted 57 turns. Games lasting 1773 and 3257 are really long and prohibitting their watching could be welcomed not to bore visitors to the death.

Yeah they're certainly not meant to watch. Although I don't think they're is any reason to actively prohibit it. Smiley I'm sure they are just running into a size limit in some component(s) on the server.

Quote:
Was the only restricion for the bots not to goal and not to capture?

Pretty much, they are just doing random step moves while avoiding captures and game ending moves. Although the check on game ending doesn't actually test for potential immobilization. But that's not been a problem so far, even in 70,000+ turn games. Wink

The idea for these would be to set up a few servers throughout the world running them during tournament games in order to rule out server issues in case of a timeout of the tournament game.

Janzert
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.