Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 10:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Ratings graph »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Ratings graph
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ratings graph  (Read 1169 times)
fotland
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #211

Ratings graph
« on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The ratings graph in the rating deflation topic is really cool.

Omar, can you add this kind of graph to the web site?  It would be nice to have a link on the player's status page that brought up a window with one of these graphcs.  Then you could see how the rating changed with time, and also when the person plays.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Ratings graph
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 3:55am »

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but just never get around to it. If anyone knows of a Java applet for displaying time versus value graphs, please let me know. That would make things a lot easier.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 6:20pm »

http://masaka.cs.ohiou.edu/software/tcptrace/jPlot/

Seems pretty expansive.  It might take a little while to figure out which options you want, but I'm pretty sure it can do anything you'd want.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 9:32pm »

Here are the ratings through 12/5/04 of everyone who has ever been rated over 2000.  (I thought I had better produce one more graph while it was still cool, since before long everyone will be able to see their own.)  It looks like the players who have been rated #1 are clauchau, Omar, speedy, and 99of9.  But there's only been one World Champion, and that's Belbo!
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2004, 9:38pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:15am »

Look how fast Belbo and Fritz jumped up the ratings when they began!  It will be interesting to see the world championship battle between these two fast-learners.

It's interesting to see how different speedy's plot is.  Very volatile and spiky.  I guess this is partly because it cannot learn once the humans learn to exploit it.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

Arimaa vs Modern History
« Reply #5 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:31am »

Apologies in advance to those I offend, or those countries I offend.  I just enjoy looking for correllations when there are none Smiley .

Arimaa vs Modern History:

Fritzlein ... China
Clauchau ... Germany
Naveed ... Japan
Belbo ... UK
99of9  ... USA
Omar ... USSR

So can the Arimaa ratings of the next few months tell us the future of global  dominanceHuh

Or does the recent history of the world predict a new force rising soon in arimaa... India!  Could this be you Paul?? Only time will tell.

Sorry speedy... you miss out, primarily because you only exist during certain short bursts.  Perhaps you can be an alien civilisation sending UFOs, who will one day take global power.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 10:04am »

The alien civilization is currently hurtin'.  Japan just beat them twice to knock them down to 1850.  With a little help from the USA (hint, hint) the aliens might be driven below all the great powers, below 1800 for the first time in decades.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 12:41am »

Thanks for the pointer to jPlot, Toby. I'll check it out.

Omar

IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:12pm »

I updated the graph with two more weeks of data, up to December 19.  I had to show how PMertens knocked speedy under 1800, at least for a brief moment.

[Edit] Updated to January 4.  Speedy spiked over 2100 by playing 15-second games.

[Edit] Updated to January 30.  Not much changed.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2005, 12:14am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 10:43pm »

In honor of PMertens and Robinson crashing the 2000 barrier, I have created a new graph of the ratings of all players to have been over 2000 at some point in the last 12 months.  Interestingly that club doesn't include Bomb2005Fast, perhaps because it runs more slowly on Omar's machine than Fotland's.  Even so, Speedy is probably presently overrated at 1987, because too many people know how to exploit the current Bomb's weaknesses.  We'll see what happens when it comes back under active development.

IP Logged

99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 2:36am »

Wow, both Fritz and Robinson have been on a straight line inexorable rise for ages!

Robinson's slope is greater... with a projected intercept of about 2500 in a few months time!!!

Thanks for putting up the graph Fritz.  Hopefully in subsequent versions there'll be no need to include any bots at all Smiley.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13th, 2005, 8:09pm »

Let's welcome the newest member of the over-2000 club.  In less than three months, Arimanator has risen to #4 on the rating list, and #3 for most rated games played on the server total, behind only Belbo and Naveed.  I'm sure he also holds the record for most violent rating swing, from under 1000 to over 2000 in less than 3 months.  Congrats!

IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14th, 2005, 10:40am »

You are too kind, Arimanator.  I'm happy to post "mean" statistics too.  In fact, now that you mention it, let me say that all time leaders in losses (rated games only) are

358 Arimanator
338 Naveed
309 Haizhi
235 Belbo

and the all time leaders in negative net score (+1 for wins and -1 for losses) are

-201 Arimanator
-176 Haizhi
-108 Eric
-47  Megamau

But truly, to lead these lists is a badge of honor.  Many people like to "play safe", and only take on a challenge when they are sure they can succeed.  You can see this among newcomers who don't take on Arimaazilla immediately after beating Arimaalon, but wait until they are thoroughly crushing Arimaalon, and so on up the ladder.  You, in contrast, have always sought out the hardest challenge and risked repeated failure.  You never got discouraged and dropped back to an easier challenge you had already mastered.  That takes a psychological fortitude I can only envy.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 7:46pm »

Wow, what an amazing graph; wish mine looked like that Smiley
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27th, 2006, 3:02pm »

To commemorate the breaking of my streak as #1 player, I made a new rating graph.  I included the players with the top 14 peak ratings of all time.  Unfortunately, this is too many people to be able to see things very clearly.  Next time I'll limit it to seven.

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.