Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 8:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Server activity over time »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Server activity over time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Server activity over time  (Read 979 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Server activity over time
« on: Sep 18th, 2007, 3:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 26th, 2007, 12:56pm, Fritzlein wrote:
I decided to go with the low-pass (exponential decay) filter of y[n] = 0.25x[n] + 0.75*y[n-1].  To make it time-symmetrical I ran it both forward and backward, averaging the two.

I've been posting to that same old server activity thread for ages.  In honor of moving the image to Flickr, let me start a new thread.

The last week of August and first week of September were record highs for HvB games, easily surpassing our peak from the spring of 2006.  What's more, y'all did it with no help from me.  Three cheers for the continued spread of Arimaa worldwide!
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2008, 7:59pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Server activity over time
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2008, 8:03pm »

I have updated the activity graph with the latest 6 months.  The number of games against bots has been up and down, but I am thrilled to note that the number of human vs. human games reached an all-time high during the event season, and doesn't show any sign of slacking off.  I dream of the day when the human community is so large, and it is so easy to find a human opponent, and we are so bored with the bots, there will be more HvH games than HvB games.  But maybe that is a pipe dream as there seems to be a nearly-constant 10:1 ratio between the two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11596352@N00/2372721472/
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2008, 8:08pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 3:27am »

on Mar 29th, 2008, 8:03pm, Fritzlein wrote:
I have updated the activity graph with the latest 6 months.  The number of games against bots has been up and down, but I am thrilled to note that the number of human vs. human games reached an all-time high during the event season, and doesn't show any sign of slacking off.  I dream of the day when the human community is so large, and it is so easy to find a human opponent, and we are so bored with the bots, there will be more HvH games than HvB games.  But maybe that is a pipe dream as there seems to be a nearly-constant 10:1 ratio between the two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11596352@N00/2372721472/

Thanks Karl, however I see only the old graph (till nov 07).
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 11:23am »

on Mar 30th, 2008, 3:27am, arimaa_master wrote:
Thanks Karl, however I see only the old graph (till nov 07).

Actually, that is the new graph through March 15.  The bottom axis is only marked every six months, so it won't get a new label until May '08.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2008, 11:23am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.