Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2008.07.01 Core Rule Changes »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2008.07.01 Core Rule Changes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2008.07.01 Core Rule Changes  (Read 8211 times)
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

Re: 2008.07.01 Core Rule Changes
« Reply #60 on: Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 3rd, 2008, 5:35am, mistre wrote:

Omar, Please do not phase out Flash V1!  I am still using it as I still don't like the new client (after recently trying it again).  In my opinion, the graphics are better, the sound is better and I like the layout better.  I would think that there are other supporters of V1 out there - please speak up as well.

Is there any particular reason that V1 has to go away?  

I don't like the V2 either for similar reasons and can't bring myself to using it. If V1 goes away, I will be using it until the last minute. Unless there is an imperative and I wonder what that might be I think it should stay as an option for people like the two of us.

Make that the THREE OF US I didn't notice soter at first sorry.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:54am by Arimabuff » IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #61 on: Jul 9th, 2008, 9:26am »

on Jul 3rd, 2008, 2:56am, aaaa wrote:
This page is no longer reachable by clicking on the "Reason" link on a "Recent Games" page, at least not for me.
BTW, shouldn't the 'p' reason also be listed as being no longer in use, like the 'n' one is?

Thanks for noting this; I've fixed it.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #62 on: Jul 9th, 2008, 9:40am »

on Jul 3rd, 2008, 5:35am, mistre wrote:

Omar, Please do not phase out Flash V1!  I am still using it as I still don't like the new client (after recently trying it again).  In my opinion, the graphics are better, the sound is better and I like the layout better.  I would think that there are other supporters of V1 out there - please speak up as well.

Is there any particular reason that V1 has to go away?  

OK I will still keep it available from the Settings -> Game Client page and only change the default to be the V2 client. But I won't be making any changes to it since I don't want to support multiple Flash versions of the client. Things like graphics, sound and layout can be changed in the new client if more people prefer that of the old client.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.